You want to be better? Get up and do something about it, especially when everyone else is sleeping.
- University of AkronGA of the Residence Halls Program Board, 2014 - present
- Oakland UniversityConference Assistant, 2011 - 2014Checked in guests to the university, including but not limited to: athletic camps, visiting professors and researchers, and students looking to explore their educational interests, served as the face of the Department of Housing for guests of the university, etc.
- Oakland UniversityStudent Liaison to the Board of Trustees, 2013 - 2014Served as the liaison between the Board of Trustees (including the university President) and the general population of students, communicated the attitude of the general student body population to the Trustees so that they could make decisions based on the well-being of the university.
- Oakland University Student CongressStudent Body Vice President, 2012 - 2013Advocated for approximately 20,000 students to the administration of the university, created programs, events, and initiatives for the general student body to gain valuable learning opportunities outside of the classroom -Assisted in the development of students through direct supervision of 10 other students
- Oakland UniversityResidence Hall Association President, 2010 - 2012Advocated for approximately 2,500 students on campus.
- Oakland UniversityNightwatch, 2010 - 2012Kept the residence halls safe at all times by ensuring no unwanted guests to the university weren't allowed in the building between 8pm and 5am.
- Arc LLC Painting ServicesDistrict Manager, 2013 - 2014Managed a crew of 4-5 painters as they completed their painting duties, went door-to-door to market the company and offer painting services to the Metro Detroit community, performed estimates for 25+ families to ensure that their home was being improved at a price they agreed on.
- University of AkronHigher Education Administration, 2014 - presentWorking towards my Master's Degree while working with students in the Residence Life and Housing Department.
- Oakland UniversityEnglish, Creative Writing, 2009 - 2014Literature classes consisted mostly of British Literature, American Literature, the Enlightenment period, the Romantic period, the Realist period, poetry and fiction workshop classes, and a few odds and ends classes that helped me develop the ability to think critically, perform a close reading of text, write efficiently, and communicate effectively.
- Flint Southwestern AcademyGeneral Studies, 2004 - 2009
21 Educational Podcasts That'll Make You Smarter | College Info Geek
Podcasts let you keep learning even when you're driving, walking to class, working out, or practicing your plunger-arrow archery. Here are 2
Headspace | Guided Meditation & Mindfulness App | Headspace
Try the Free Guided Meditation App and Learn how to unwind using Meditation and Mindfulness techniques with Andy Puddicombe & the Headspace
How To Make Positivity a Habit: 4 Simple Steps to a Happier Everyday Lif...
Want to be more positive in life? Here are 4 simple ways you can implement today to be more positive with your every day circumstances:
Interactive: This Is How Much Money Twitter Owes You | TIME.com
Want to know if your Twitter feed produces enough value to retire? Enter your username to find out
Life Question: Where Do You Want to Be in a Year? - HackCollege
If you haven't been asked this before, I'm asking you now: Where do you want to be in a year?
50 Productivity Hacks to Help You Get More Done - HackCollege
These 50 productivity hacks will help you get more done and waste less time.
Why Daydreaming Can Lead to Productivity - HackCollege
I know what you're thinking: daydreaming is one of the most unproductive activities that you can do. (I know, I get it.) But hear me out. Da
Simplifying Your Life in Three Easy Steps - HackCollege
Don't let possessions clutter and complicate life. Here are three questions to ask yourself about things when simplifying your life.
5 Small Changes to Make for Bigger and Better Results in Life
Here are some small changes that you can make to become more mindful of the time that you're spending in college, thus making it a better ex