- The L7 ProjectFreelance HR Manager, 2010 - present
- Associated Wholesale Grocers, Inc.Corporate HR Generalist, 2013 - 2014Reported directly to the VP of HR overseeing human resource functions for over 600 employees across 9 divisions and $9 billion in annual revenue, Supported Corporate HR Team providing insight and expertise for 3,600 total employees nationwide, Decreased time to fill open position by more than 50%, saving thousands in wasted time, productivity and quality of hire, Redesigned the hiring process which lead to a 41% increase in corporate employee on-boarding, Lowered healthcare costs by creating and implementing a Corporate Health and Welfare initiative, Organized and led Kansas City Corporate Challenge efforts representing AWG resulting in the largest employee turn out in four previous years, Wrote company’s winning Ingram’s 2013 Top 25 Best Places to Work in Kansas City submission, Subject Matter Expert regarding HR practices, procedures and policies, Resolved employee conflicts, complaints, grievances and consulted corporate executives on employee relations issues. Performed business analysis, market research and developed succession plans, recruiting strategies and training programs, Updated all employee manuals, handbooks, procedural guidelines and compliance materials.
- Capitol Concierge, Inc.Director of Human Resources, 2011 - 2013- Oversaw all human resources functions for the entire concierge services company with 270 employees, 7 divisions, over $15 million in annual revenue. - Managed, led and directed a team of 2 reports; a generalist and a coordinator - Increased HR visibility and communications by updating all employee handbooks, policy manuals and corporate guidelines which created structure and consistency. - Solved ongoing issues with payroll and scheduling while streamlining workflow processes. - Automated several HR metrics and processes such as on-boarding, payroll and exit interviews. - Managed payroll functions and recruiting specifically the open CFO position.
- THE CENTECH GROUP, IncHuman Resource & Recruiting Manager, 2010 - 2011- Oversaw HR and Recruiting duties of Department of Defense contracts. - Managed and led two direct reports and a recruiting team. - Resolved a major pre-existing EEO issue within the talent acquisition and recruiting process through audits and documentation. - Saved over $130,000 in recruiting costs while maintaining 98% service goals. - Reduced employee benefit costs by $80,000 initially and maintained low costs subsequently. - Designed and led an extrication strategy downsizing, streamlining and reorganizing the company.
- RAFFA P.C.Sr. HR Generalist, 2008 - 2010- Promoted to Sr. HR Generalist within a year by using fundamental HR practices and procedures. - Generated $125,000 in revenue by selling training sessions to external clients. - Integrated and implemented new scheduling and performance management software which resulted in increased usage, earning potential and efficiency.
- American Institute for Cancer ResearchHR Manager, 2007 - 2008- Implemented and administered fundamental human resources structures which increased departmental consistency. - Streamlined several processes which saved over $120,000 and cut operational and production costs while managing two department budgets. - Developed a health and wellness program introducing employees to experts in nutrition, safety, physical and mental health. - Oversaw employee relations management resolving conflicts building employee confidence.
- Target CorporationHR Generalist, 2004 - 2007- Performed a compensation analysis which led to a 6% increase in retention and base-rate wages. - Led 40-team HR hurricane relief unit after Katrina and Rita to restore operations and staff stores. - Implemented new timekeeping, scheduling, benefits enrollment, and HRIS systems for 12 stores
- The Conference Center & Inn at Clemson UniversityConference & Event Manager, 2001 - 2004
Relationships in any organization occur Human-to-Human. But did you know that many companies are frustrated by not being able to find and retain stellar employees that can give them the competitive advantage and help their growth?
I solve this.
By employing Human-to-Human tactics that easily create relationships of trust, I have effectively and efficiently identified problems, broken down roadblocks, established clear lines of communication and rallied teams to deliver above expectation.
Energetic and enthusiastic, I provide HR vision and advisement, supported by roll-up-your sleeve gumption that allows business partners from the executive level on down to lead and inspire in the moment, transforming HR functions into money generators and true partnerships.
To add these skills to your team today, contact 816-678-1356 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employee Relations, Employment Law, Conflict Resolution, Compliance, Recruiting, Team Building, HRIS, Benefits, Training, Development, Performance Management, Talent Management, Retention, Union Avoidance, Hiring, Negotiations, Terminations, Recognition, OFCCP, EEO, Affirmative Action, Social Media, Blogging, Thought Advocacy. ADP HR-B, Sage Abra, ADP CostPoint, PeopleSoft, Deltek, 4mybenefits, ProStaff Scheduling Software, Kronos Timkeeping, iCIMS, Vantage, and all Microsoft applications.
- Clemson UniversityM.S. Human Resource Development, 2000 - 2001
- Clemson UniversityB.A. History / Secondary Education, 1995 - 1999