Today's themes are: Bullies, face plants, and breaking up is hard to do
Today's themes are: Social media etiquette, sporty Snapchat, and no pudgy people allowed
"It's about the way that humans see the world and how until we have a way to describe something, even something so fundamental as a color, we may not even notice that it's there."
- mainetoday.comBlogger, 2014 - presentBlogger: "Social Social"
- Independent Consultantdigital marketing, social media, & public relations consultant | Writer, 2012 - present
- TEDxDirigoPR/Communications Director (pro bono), 2012 - present
- Portland Press HeraldBlogger, 2013 - 2014Blogger: "Social Social"
- The VIA Agency, Portland, Maine & NYCDirector of Social Media & Agency Communications, 2005 - 2011
- Rock City Coffee Roasters, Rockland, MaineMarketing Consultant & Barista, 2001 - 2004
- Munro & Forster, LondonAssociate Board Director, 1998 - 2000
- CONE, BostonAccount Director, 1997 - 1998
- Feinstein Kean Healthcare, Cambridge, MAAccount Supervisor, 1996 - 1997
- Clarke & Company | Clarke Goward, BostonSenior Account Executive, 1994 - 1996
- Lehman Millet, BostonAccount Executive, 1993 - 1994
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, BostonMedia Relations Associate, 1991 - 1993
He has over 20 years of marketing experience.
From 2005-2011, Rob served as director of social media & agency communications at The VIA Agency.
In 2011, VIA was named Advertising Age's Small Agency of the Year. Rob played an integral role in VIA's efforts to earn this distinction. He also did other things. He can discuss most of them without using profanity. Rob loves VIA. A lot.
Prior to VIA, Rob worked with agencies in London & Boston including Munro & Forster, Cone, Feinstein Kean Healthcare, and Lehman Millet. He began his career in the office of communications at Deaconess Hospital (now Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center), a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School.
Rob's client experience includes Samsung (campaign), Dunkin' Donuts, Welch's (campaign), Lands' End, Hugo Boss, Swiss Army Brands, HP Hood, North American Breweries (campaign), Tiffany & Co., Barbor, Discover Card (campaign), Lojack, IBM, Warner Lambert UK (Listerine, Benedryl, Sudafed & Calpol), Glaxo Wellcome, Novartis, Amgen, Silverstein Properties, and The New York Academy of Sciences.Rob is a Boston native, or more specifically Manchester, MA. He currently splits his time between Portland, ME and NYC.
Rob is a a graduate of the University of Vermont.
His real-life interests include art, travel, books & movies (because "literature & film" sounds pretentious), medical anthropology (because that doesn't sound pretentious at all), the beach, and various form of exercise, albeit grudgingly at times.
- University of Vermont
Social media set become more involved with Super Bowl coverage
Erin Ovalle interviews marketing consultant Rob Gould about social media being more involved in the Super Bowl in Friday's Tech Trends.
Queen Elizabeth Rips Chris Christie on Gay Marriage
LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—Moments after approving a new law legalizing gay marriage in England and Wales, Queen Elizabeth II of Britain u
MediaPost Publications Republic Wireless Campaign Recalls Perot 07/11/2013
Republic Wireless Campaign Recalls Perot - 07/11/2013
MediaPost Publications VIA Agency Wins Republic Wireless' Integrated Mar...
VIA Agency Wins Republic Wireless' Integrated Marketing Biz - 04/18/2013