PS. I am using Microsoft Sway to create this page. It is pretty cool and free.
#Chrome #tips #tricks #Sway
I often find myself here wanting to know the answer to a really simple question - how did the original designer at Google _think_ we were supposed to use the product? So much here simply makes no sense at all - at least to me, and never has. Where should we make a topic post? - to our own profile?, to a circle, to a tag? to a community?, or multiple communities? To a collection? What is the difference between Google Circles and Contact Groups, and when should I use each? I still don't know the answer to these, and many other questions, and while I may not be as smart as Google employees, I am not stupid, so they shouldn't need to "simulate stupidity" by getting drunk.
Google also seems to pride itself in not talking to us. The have even set up a buffer of unpaid support workers called "Preferred Contributors" they use to insulate themselves from direct contact with the outside world. Right now I can't even get through to my own contact data on Google - the most "mission critical" information of any small business, and there is now way to get help.
I have also been trying to find out what is going on Google Communities for months now. I have worked my ass off to keep my entrepreneurs community going with zero support and a rather lame technology, and have written several heartfelt letters to Google trying to get any information at all. Somehow, we are supposed to keep our communities professionally managed with no information or decent moderation tools.
There have been no upgrades to the Communities technology in over a year and no communication from Google product managers. Will Communities be dumped? - or will they be upgraded and improved? I have no idea, and needless to say, Google hasn't responded to any of my messages. With any company other than Google this would be described as "poorly managed" but somehow Google always gets a pass.
Who knows, maybe I am too old to use Google products - that company, with an average age of 29, seems to have gone out of its way to normalize age discrimination, but I believe Google is caught in a horrible feedback loop. They have gotten so used to people praising their every move that they have come to believe that everything they do is brilliant, and now they think must get drunk to be able to understand their own users.
Maybe not directly related to your comment, but something about your "creeping ageism" comment made me think of it. All these new global monopolies are coming into existence - run by kids - that have a direct impact on our lives and certainly our businesses and no one even stops for a second to think about what it all means.
"There was a problem loading your contact. Please reload the page and try again
Except that reloading the page just gives the same error. I have a decent Windows machine that doesn't have problems with other programs - just this one. As usual, the Google support forums don't seem to have any useful information that I can find.
As a small business, this is my most mission critical information so this is a serious problem. It is also embarrassing for me, because I have gone above and beyond trying to use Google products - this one in particular, for small business development which has clearly been a mistake.
Does anyone know if there is some way to get the old Google Contacts back? Some hidden link? - or is there some other solution someone might know?
- Action Planning AssociatesOwner, 2011 - presentProfessional service that uses the latest generation of project management and scheduling applications along with collaborative brainstorming to help startups, small business and entrepreneurs accomplish their objectives much more rapidly. Please request a capabilities statement or schedule a Google+ hangout with me if you would like more information There is no charge for any initial consultation.
- World-Startups.comFounder, 2011 - 2014This is an community platform designed to enhance collaboration among early stage startups and entrepreneurs. While still under development, it is fully operational and provides a sophisticated matching service that can link entrepreneurs seeking partners and co-founders, as well as match them with the needs of larger organizations. Please see link on this profile for registration or contact me if you would like more information.
- Content Creation ServicesOwner, 2011 - 2014Professional service that helps business with their content management, content marketing and content automation needs. I can supply customized content to your blog or website on a regular basis at low cost and with little involvement on your part. Ongoing market research is provided as part of this service and it is ideal as an adjunct to the regular content creation activities of you or your organization. Technical writing and documentation services are also available. Please request a capabilities statement or schedule a Google+ hangout with me f you would like more information There is no charge for any initial consultation.
- California Trade NetworkCo-Founder, 2000 - 2014This is a business portal for exporters and internationally oriented entrepreneurs in the state of California. While this project went dormant for several years, it is currently being relaunched with a new partner at a time of renewed interest.
- Entrepreneurial Collaboration
- Small Business Development
- Startup Venture Acceleration
- Open Source Development
- Collaborative Technologies
- International Business & Trade
- New Economy / Self-Employed
- California Economy and Politics
- Entrepreneur Strategy & AccelerationBusiness Strategy, 2012 - present
- Michigan State University
- San Diego State University
GOP’s baffling Trump cowardice: A party too timid to denounce a bigoted ...
Condemning Donald Trump's obvious racism would be the easiest thing a Republican could do, but no one's doing it
Google robo-car nearly CRASHES in machine gang road rage incident
Turf dispute between auto autos spills over into metal-on-metal VIOLENCE
For adults only: Sexy, boozy summer sleep-away camp - StumbleUpon
An adult summer camp with no kids, lots of alcohol and a little romance: Welcome to Camp Throwback, featuring Drunk Field Day, Hangover Yoga
Microsoft made a better YouTube search engine than Google
YouTube might never be dethroned as the king of online video, but Microsoft has just made a compelling case for visiting Bing before you wat
How to triple your rates in 2 weeks - I Will Teach You To Be Rich
I’ve been helping a friend earn more money, and tonight was a breakthrough. Here’s what happened… My friend has a full-time job, but recentl
7 Steps to Creating a Winning Coaching, Consulting or Service Business -...
Lots of folks are joining the ranks of business owner as a career path these days. Some by design and some, unfortunately, because they have
Pink Slips at Disney. But First, Training Foreign Replacements.
American tech workers in Orlando found their jobs and desks transferred to immigrants brought in under H-1B visas by an Indian firm.
Are Google+ Notifications About To Change? - Techaeris
Google appears to be making some tweaks to the top bar in its products as Google+ adopts a new role in the company's portfolio.
The Big Picture: Google wants to build a futuristic see-through dome
The curious structure above blanketed with transparent, undulating glass isn't someone's concept of a futuristic high-tech habitat on anothe
Google Photos Reminder: Smile, It’s Free — You’re The Product!
There's no doubt Google Photos is a massive landgrab for personal data -- at a time when visual imagery is the biggest social currency of th
Google Is Apparently Giving Project Fi Customers Who Also Ordered A Nexu...
You have two options when you sign up for Project Fi. You can buy a SIM card with a new Nexus 6. Or you can just buy the SIM card and stick
Mike Huckabee Says He Would Have Pretended to Be Trans to Shower With Gi...
The trans movement is at an interesting crossroads in the United States right now. On the one hand, a high-profile figure like Caitlyn Jenne
Microsoft Buys Company Behind Wunderlist To-Do App
Redmond purchased 6Wunderkinder GmbH for up to $200 million, according to The Wall Street Journal.