Why not become a TestFlight beta tester? It's easy, just send an email to email@example.com with your name and Apple ID email address. You can be part of the App Development process today!
iOS7 calls all developers to bring three things to mind when updating their applications: Deference, Clarity, & Depth.
When updating the settings page I focused heavily on clarity; making sure options were clear to the app user as to what happens when they make a particular action.
The ingredient view has offered me the time to not only continue on the path of clarity but also deference. I've spent a lot of time thinking about what it is you should see when you tapping on an ingredient. In the old Bakeshop, you would see the setup information, i.e. Name, description, ratio, etc. While this information is important, it is not most likely what you are tapping on an ingredient for.
An app user is tapping on an ingredient to do something with it or find out more information, and this is what happens in Bakeshop now. When you tap on an ingredient you see the information that is most useful to you. You instantly see scaling information which was hidden away before or not easily configured through other views.
This is deference in action. The overly complicate UI is gone and you are left with the content you need, when you need it.
- Lateral SolutionsSenior Mobile Applications Consultant, 2011 - presentWorks on mobile projects ranging from iOS, Android & HTML5
- The Old BreweryChef de Partie (Grill), 2011 - 2011
- Lawgistic Partners, LLCTechnology Contractor, 2009 - 2010
- Gurstel, Staloch & Chargo, P.A.Networking Systems Administrator, 2004 - 2007
- Piazza's Italian RistoranteChef, 1997 - 2010
- The International Culinary Schools at The Art InstitutesAAS in Culinary Arts, 2007 - 2009
- Dunwoody College of TechnologyAAS in Computer Networking Systems, 2002 - 2004
- Saint Mary's University1 Year towards BS in Computer Science, 2001 - 2002
TUAW overanalyzes Apple's October 22 iPad event invitation
Apple sent out the official invitations to its October 22 event today, and as usual, it's filled with subtle hidden messages.We've put on ou
Plex now able to run on non-jailbroken Apple TV 2 & 3 via Trailer app
A neat hack called PlexConnect now allows the popular Plex media server app to run on ATV2 and ATV3 boxes without the need to jailbreak them
Check it out! Brand New Consider The Following Videos | Bill Nye the Sci...
On the Bill Nye the Science Guy® show, I often added a segment that was part of that episode’s topic that I felt was important and just plai