Can't manually or ota my n7 to 4.2. Totally stock not even rooted anymore. Last thing I did was flash factory image of 4.1.2 few weeks back. Ota won't install though. What did I break? Any suggestions?
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 8 previous comments
- 1. Wifi offline Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Wifi online and Head back to the Nexus 7′s Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.
I had to do this 2 times before it worked
more here: http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/13/3639462/galaxy-nexus-android-4-2-ota-downloadNov 14, 2012
- http://www.droid-life.com/2012/11/13/download-android-4-2-update-for-nexus-7-and-gsm-galaxy-nexus/ i was going to use that guide and just flash using clockworkmod recovery, would it be better to do it with adb?did you flash a custom recovery? i'd flashed clockworkmod, and when i tried to boot into recovery after trying to flash the ota update i got the same little dead android.Nov 14, 2012
- I've got the update. It just won't installNov 14, 2012
- ohh damn mine had some heavy FC with some apps.. I uninstalled a lot and now it runs smooth.
Maybe some of your apps are crap?Nov 14, 2012
- I ended up just using the factory image for 4.2. I would root first and save your game data if you can.Nov 14, 2012
- if you do manage to update to 4.2, beware that the developer menu is hidden. you need to tap your build number 7 times to make it visible in the about tablet menuNov 14, 2012