Any questions? We're doing a live #askrichard Hangout. Watch tomorrow at 5pm GMT (12pm ET, 9am PST)...
105 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 34 previous comments
- actually, it was a bit of sarcasm. I was behaving sarcastically at the idea that this man, Mr. Branson, would assume that we need to ask him stuff. It was really quite rude of me. I shall apologize now.May 14, 2012
- Can I have one of your islands? I'll take real good care of it! Thanks!May 14, 2012
- Richard, as an aspiring entrepreneur, the biggest problem I've run into is a paralyzing fear of success. The first (in an intended series) of businesses I plan to launch has been ready for about a year, and despite throwing it into soft launch mode several months back, I have been unable to force myself to move forward with the hard launch. I just... I don't understand it... I've climbed on the outside of a plane while flying through a hail storm. No biggie. I've swum with sharks and been bold enough to pet them as they swim past. Fun times. But the idea of success? ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING. No clue why. I have no fear of failure... but the thought of becoming... well, big... it's scary as hell to me. What techniques have you used to overcome similar psychological barriers in your various pursuits?
I know in your case, you got in a bit of a trouble for selling albums intended for export, and so you were situationally forced to pursue rapid expansion early on to pay off the fines. Absent getting myself intentionally arrested to self-induce a "situationally forced" incentive for moving forward at full steam (believe it or not, I've tried this several times and I keep getting laughed at by the cops... the Universe apparently won't allow me to get myself arrested), what can you recommend for getting over this sort of psychological nonsense?May 14, 2012
- • How closely are you involved with the operations of Virgin America? Is it a brand that you just lend your name to all the time and image to some of the time or are you involved in the day to day operations?
• Are there any things you wish you'd done differently with the Virgin brand and/or Virgin America?
• When can we expect Virgin Cruiselines and how can I pre-order tickets? :)May 14, 2012
- Thank you for this opportunity to be in contact with you! I have been thinking about this opportunity for a long time. My question is:
How can we arrange a meeting to you with a person who is unique in spiritual world to create and do many good things for the world? (He is not connected to any religion.)
Thank you! I appreciate your time answering my question.
Lots of love,
IlzeMay 15, 2012
- The wife and I just returned from our first ever cruise. I was thinking, it would be awesome if someone recreated the Titanic using the original blueprints, materials, and accessories (better rivets however), and brought back the glamour of cruising. Having a 24/7 party on board is great, but I believe the activity has lost most its luster that once made it so intimate.May 15, 2012