If it had succeeded in amassing more and more material and growing further,
it would possibly now be the fifth inner planet alongside Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars,"
says Andreas Nathues from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, scientific manager of the Dawn camera team.
The effect of the gaseous giant Jupiter, which was forming at exactly the same time, prevented this, however.
Turkish sources also said that American officials had informed Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu about the decision during his visit to the State Department yesterday.
- @We_Know_SpaceFounder, 2014 - presentGlobal Education & Networking for Astronomy / Space
- Boundless SpaceProducer, 2013
- Additive - 3D - Manufacturing Conference2013
- News of Science, Space, MedTech &HealthG+ Curator & Founder, 2013G+ Community
- Apollo CompetitionChairman, 2013 - 2013
- Space object Planetary ProtectionConference Development, 2013
- SpacePort VegasProject Development, 2013 - 2013
- RobotXWorldAdvisor, 2013 - 2013
Astronauts Find a Coolant Leak on the Space Station
Astronauts on the International Space Station spotted small white flakes floating away from an area of the International Space Station’s P6
writebot | The automated assistant for researchers, writers, bloggers, a...
Writebot automates all the redundant tasks that come along with researching and writing on the Web, making it easier to compose original, hi
SXSW: Elon Musk discusses hovering rocket, Mars and that NYT review
AUSTIN -- Elon Musk says if mankind doesn't make it to Mars by the time he dies, it'll be the biggest disappointment of his life.
NASA announces competition to improve Robonaut's sight
NASA's got some of the sharpest minds in the world (actual, you know, rocket scientists), sure, but they'll be the first to tell you that so
The 1969 Chevrolet AstroVette Stingray - Vette Magazine
The AstroVette an astronaut's Corvette in the November '01 issue of Vette Magazine