❝For all the attention this summer to the fight over the Confederate battle flag, the less noticed moves by Democratic parties to remove Jefferson and Jackson from their official identity underscore one of the most consequential trends of American politics: Democrats’ shift from a union-powered party organized primarily around economic solidarity to one shaped by racial and sexual identity.❞
Saw this sign at a doctor’s office today. Apart from the dubious value of the legally necessary Braille markings, and aside from the questionable wisdom of descending into the flames lurking at the bottom of said stairwell, what struck me most was the clear depiction of levitational abilities.
Of course, this brings to mind other questions best left unasked.
I didn't have a Sharpie on me, so I defaced the sign digitally. ツ Enjoy.
» #photography #iphoneography
#sign #signporn #fire #warning #typography
Not only am I sick and tired of sitting all day to do my ❝work,❞ I am persuaded that prolonged sitting—for literally hours at a time—is not only not doing me any favors, it is slowly killing me and makes losing weight very difficult.
So, I'm currently using a jerry-rigged standing desk down in my basement and I like it. Standing all day can be unhealthy, too, so I move my laptop to a table to alternate sitting as well.
If you’re considering a standing desk, I recommend checking out this thorough and educational review…
❝The model shows that solar activity will fall by 60 per cent between 2030 and 2040 causing a "mini ice age". The conditions predicted have not been experienced since the last "mini ice age" which lasted from 1645 to 1715, called the Maunder Minimum.❞
News about an imminent ‘mini ice age’ is trending — but it’s not true
#climatechange #globalwarming #environment #science
Thirty-Seven million men just soiled their pants…
❝A data dump, 9.7 gigabytes in size, was posted on Tuesday to the dark web using an Onion address accessible only through the Tor browser. The files appear to include account details and log-ins for some 32 million users of the social networking site, touted as the premier site for married individuals seeking partners for affairs. Seven years worth of credit card and other payment transaction details are also part of the dump, going back to 2007. The data, which amounts to millions of payment transactions, includes names, street address, email address and amount paid. AshleyMadison.com claimed to have nearly 40 million users at the time of the breach about a month ago, all apparently in the market for clandestine hookups.❞
I spent Sunday afternoon giving Jen the afternoon off while the kiddos and I took in a movie, explored some run-down building facades and toured a lighthouse.
While trying to shoot some broken windows from within the safe confines of the car, I accidentally reversed my iPhone's camera and took a selfie.
Meanwhile, my little photobombing monkey, Ellie, was ready to take advantage of the moment.
I'm guessing I should just always keep the camera on her! ツ
» #photography #iphoneography
#daughter #love #smile #photobomb
New Letters Added to the Genetic Alphabet
❝Now, after decades of work, Benner’s team has synthesized artificially enhanced DNA that functions much like ordinary DNA, if not better. … The researchers have shown that two synthetic nucleotides called P and Z fit seamlessly into DNA’s helical structure, maintaining the natural shape of DNA. Moreover, DNA sequences incorporating these letters can evolve just like traditional DNA, a first for an expanded genetic alphabet.
❝The new nucleotides even outperform their natural counterparts. When challenged to evolve a segment that selectively binds to cancer cells, DNA sequences using P and Z did better than those without.❞
- SAGUBA: Cross Cultural Communication; Biblical Greek, 1986 - 1991Studied cross-cultural communication, with an emphasis in biblical languages (Greek).
- AGTS (Seminary)MA: Theological Studies (Incomplete), 1994 - 1996
Previous haunts include visionSynergy, Logos Bible Software/Faithlife, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, Zondervan, Christianity Today International, and the Assemblies of God national HQ.
I have too many interests. But I’m curious and love to collect ideas. I'll know what I want to be when I finally grow up… someday!
- TheBestSchools.orgMarketing Director, 2015 - present
- Free AgentFreelance, Consultant, Editor, Writer, 1999 - presentEditing | Writing | Consulting | Technical Work | Strategy. See: http://www.linkedin.com/in/richtatum
- visionSynergyCommunications Director, 2014 - 2014» Manage digital communications (email, newsletters, blogs, reports, etc.) » Manage social network & social media channels » Community manager for an online curriculum community » Manage websites » Training and curriculum development » Content creation and creative production (graphics, podcasts, video, blogs, ebooks, etc.)
- Logos Bible SoftwareWord of Mouth Strategy and Public Relations, 2013 - 2014
- Zondervan | Harper Collins Christian PublishingWord of Mouth Marketing Strategist, 2011 - 2013
- ZondervanContent Management Engineer, 2011 - 2011
- ZondervanAssociate Publisher for Digital Resources, 2009 - 2010
- General Council of the Assemblies of GodInternet and Online Services Analyst, 1991 - 1999
- Christianity Today InternationalInternet Operations Manager, 2000 - 2004
- Cornerstone Church (Madison, TN)Marketing and Media Director, 2007 - 2007
- Christianity Today InternationalWebmaster, 1999 - 2000
- ZondervanEditorial Operations Manager, 2008 - 2009
- Christianity Today InternationalOnline Media Managing Editor, 2004 - 2006
The Two Obamacare Charts That No One's Talking About
Lost in the current debate of healthcare coverage are two charts that illustrate the real effect of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on our hea
Logos Bible Software appoints Greg Monette as Canadian market representa...
Nova Scotia native Greg Monette is partnering with U.S.-based Logos Bible Software to strengthen and encourage fellow Canadians in their Bib
You Deserve a Book Today: McDonald's to Distribute 20 Million Books in H...
For two weeks starting on National Literacy Day, November 1, McDonald's will insert 20 million copies of four original book titles into Happ
Technology futurist Aaron Linne to join Logos Bible Software
Technologist and futurist Aaron Linne will be joining the Logos Bible Software leadership team as Director of Church Products. In this new r
Official website of the .BIBLE Domain Name Registry : BibleTLD.org
This new digital space will become the place to go for all things Bible. Pre-register your interest for new .BIBLE domain names with no obli
Dallas Theological Seminary now equipping students with advanced tools f...
Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS) and Logos Bible Software have entered into a first-ever partnership that brings theological resources to D
Schema.org Markup and Rich Snippets for the Little Guy
Learn how to implement schema.org markup in your content to make your content stand out in search results.
"Never Just Remember How to Do Something, Understand How It Works"
When you know how to do something, you have a skill. When you understand how something works, you can alter that knowledge and adapt it for
The Top 100 Google+ users - SocialStatistics.com (221)
See the The Top 100 most popular Google+ users and add yourself to the list to get more followers too