48 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- I don't know if I've ever seen a caption more accurately depict my life.Jan 30, 2015
- Jan 30, 2015
- How old are you Rich? I was like that once, changed in my mid thirties especially after kids.Jan 30, 2015
- Well here's the thing, I'm in my mid thirties :)Jan 30, 2015
- ...and settling down!?Jan 30, 2015
- My kids are way more fun to spend time with than a video game. I became disillusioned with video game's in my late 20's, I felt like I was a horse being lead by a carrot and then you'd get the stick for your efforts.
The sliding scale of advancements in video games is a spiraling void of pointlessness. This is coming from a WOW player that reached top 5 of best in class on a backwater server, I could have been 'a contender' so to speak, but when you weight the cost/benefits it's really scary how little benefit there is to games.
That being said I loved playing with friends, the problem is the game was an excuse to socialize nothing more.
I became more despondent of the non-functional nature of video games outside of socializing, and even then it's a sideline nowdays.
Every day with a child is level 0 =) No matter how far you think you get in a day, you reset.
Now mind you I don't expect most people to understand that, but reflection on why you play video games is a good thing!Jan 30, 2015
- "settling down"
I suppose this is the 'correct' phrase, but I still enjoy gaming like I did when I was 18. I guess when it comes push to shove I just try to enjoy the time I have, doing things I like to do and hopefully, where appropriate, with people that I like doing such things with.Jan 30, 2015
- Well understood! I've come to see video games as reving your engine in neutral. The real game doesn't start till you put it in gear and race.
Not saying I got further in life by any measure, it's all relative..Jan 30, 2015