So many, many people are screaming, "PROTECT DEMOCRACY !!!!" as though it were a sacrosanct, inviolable, perfect system that must be preserved even if it means we all decided to throw ourselves into a volcano. Well, guess what, people sometimes make collectively stupid decisions. Happens in suicide cults all the time, and you don't see people clamouring to protect their "democratic rights". You don't let lunatics run the asylum. You don't vote on the value of pi. No sane person votes for self harm. No-one with any sense fails to change their mind when the lies and misinformation on which their choice was based are exposed for all to see. Screaming "we MUST jump into the volcano because votes !" makes no sense whatsoever. None.
16 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- I couldn't serve, as I was a 4F. But, I support our Armed Forces.
"I was once a Republican until Ronald Reagan began to sell arms to our enemies." And just how do you think ISIS/ISIL got their hands on the weapons they did. #Obama. And look at the mess HE created. But, I know, you are gonna blame "W". Oh, and just an FYI, Obama never served, nor did he enlist... At least "W" served in the Guard.Jun 27, 2016
- Spare me further fulminating and supporting of the troops. All my heroes are dead. Want to support the live ones? Don't stomp around with flags and torches when Fox News rah-rahs the next stupid war. You ought to get on your bony knees and thank Jeezus for Preznit Obama, who got us out of two such wars and has not started another one. Because I do.Jun 27, 2016
- Only dems show disrespect for the Flag. And I have a reason for supporting our troops. My nephew died in Iraq. Oh, and I wouldn't stomp on our Flag. Having served in the US Customs Service and IRS, I have more respect for the Nation's Flag. I may not have served in our military, but I know I have more honor and dignity directed towards our Military and our Flag than Obama. He has shown great disdain for the rule of law and the nations warriors, not to mention the Flag, which he salutes with a coffee cup in his hand, if at all...Jun 27, 2016
- Oh do shut up about what others have done on your behalf. Because that would include me. My oath of enlistment said that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same.
And right now, I'm not sure if you're one of those Domestic Enemies so described. rattling on about the Flag. Because the first amendment to that constitution gives people the right to burn that flag as an expression of political will. First you wear that flag as part of a uniform, as I did. Because the flag I wore got awfully muddy and a good many other flags came to cover men I once cared for as brothers. Yes, I do think you're one of those Domestic Enemies. You don't respect American Values.Jun 27, 2016
- My Oath of Office: “I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God. I was a civilian. I wore office attire, so I did not wear a flag on my shoulder. Would have loved to have served, but my disabilities got in the way. So i served the nation, as best I could. Do you have proof I am a "domestic enemy", as you so state? Where is YOUR proof?
Yes, the Constitution gives the right to "expression". But, I don't happen to agree with the burning of a Flag, unless it is in disrepair. Then there are rules set forth in the Flag Etiquette section on how to dispose of a Flag, properly. As a former Boy Scout, I was at such a ceremony. It was quite honorable.Jun 27, 2016
- Blocked. Rhys, I apologise for that uncivil outburst on your comment thread.Jun 27, 2016
Add a comment...