- IncsubDeveloper, 2014 - present
- ThinkMakeInnovate2006 - present
- Wimmera HUB IncInnovative Learning Designer, 2011 - 2014
- Wimmera HUB IncActing CEO, 2013 - 2013
- University of BallaratEducational Developer/Senior Educator/Teacher/E-Learning Facilitator, 2004 - 2010
I wear multiple different hats (not literally) but there are two things that underline them all: A passion for all things tech and a love of learning (specifically helping others learn).
During the day I spend my time working in the vocational education and training industry. I help to ideate creative and innovative ways of delivering and come up with the odd idea to create products too. I love being the official “Innovative Learning Designer” for Wimmera HUB Inc. – a regional training provider with an enormous impact on our community.
At night (or away from the office) I am a father of two gorgeous twin girls and the husband of an even more gorgeous wife. When the girls sleep I put on my business hat and before me lies endless opportunities for projects to help businesses and hopefully one day change industries. I do this under the RHEIKO brand (co-owned with my wife).
My background is in software and web development. Something I accidentally stumbled upon at the age of 12.
Here are a few educational projects I’ve worked on in the past:
• Learnscope (2005) – Creating SCORM compliant e-learning resources
• Learnscope (2006) – Continual e-learning capacity building. Focusing on Language, Literacy and Numeracy
• E-Learning Facilitator (2007-2008) – Building a group of mentors to integrate into various educational departments
• E-Learning Mentor/Senior Educator E-Learning (2009-2010) – Supporting a school in human services with their e-learning projects
• Capacity and Innovations (2011) – Improvement of quality training systems (quality compliance, creative delivery)
## Values ##
The value of always considering the changing world around me - valuing my deep rooted beliefs and those of others; always analysing, always gathering new information and always learning; making rational judgements; appreciating thought that occurs suddenly (sparks).
The value of the creativity process - putting parts together; combining substances; constructing objects; making artworks and building systems. Thinking is the source of creativity, but it is making that renders the thought useful.
The value of ideation - making changes to things that already exist by introducing something new; taking seemingly unrelated concepts and creating a spark; pioneering things that are original. Innovation is what energises my thinking and prompts me to make.
These values are built on the foundations of integrity, honesty and passion and it is my hope that through always thinking, making and innovating that this would be apparent.
## Vision ##
My vision is living, working and interacting in a community of people who see their true potential realised. People who are absolutely true to their calling in life and who actively seek to know more about themselves and others. People who don't let fear stop them from trying new things that could benefit themselves and their communities. People who value people.
## Mission ##
My mission is to help people identify, build and fine tune the tools and processes that they need to help them realise their potential so that they can be true to their calling in life – This means helping them get over the hangups of technology so that they can get on doing what they do best.
- Technikon WitwatersrandInformation Technology, 2001 - 2002
- University of BallaratInformation Technology, 2003 - 2003
- University of BallaratVocational Education and Training, 2004 - 2004
- University of BallaratBusiness, 2004 - 2004
The Seven Day Daily Create Mashup Challenge - CogDogBlog
Ok, what you need to do is go back to the Daily Create's for each day, and choose one person's media (not your own), and somehow weave it to
50 Google+ Circles Teachers Should Know About | Edudemic
Google+ may still be finding its own footing among the Twitters and Facebooks of cyberspace, but nevertheless hosts a cornucopia of networki