HOW TO BUILD A GOOGLE+ COMMUNITY
1) Setup the community with full description in the About section, use an eye-popping photo for the community in your niche.
2) Setup the categories. Use HTML arrows like ► to pop the categories out (so people use them).
3) Do some Google+ searching and find posts related to your niche and share them directly to the community. You use the share button, remove whatever is there (including Public) and typing your community name. Select the community, select the category (if any), type a decent description, and share.
4) Buy Circloscope: http://www.plusmastermind.com/get/getcircloscope/
with this tool, you'll want to find posts that have high engagement and import the ripples. Add these targeted people to circles in groups of 500 or less. Note: You need the premium version to actually add people to circles.
5) Use these new circle groups to INVITE to your community. Please make sure you've done #3 above. Nobody wants to join an empty community! You can only invite 500 or less at a time, that's why I said to keep the groups < 500.
6) Repeat steps 4 & 5 often.
7) When you start getting members in, they will likely introduce themselves and start sharing content. Welcome them to the community and kindly request that they help you spread the word by using the "Invite people" button. This works well because people that join have an obvious interest in your niche and are likely happy to share it around for you.
8) Remember Circloscope? Well, after a week or two, you can filter out the people that didn't add you back and remove them if you wish. This will allow you more room to add more targeted people to invite.
I've repeated this 4 times this week, all communities are a raging success already. If you have a topic that interests you and you'd like to start your community off with a BANG, well, here's your guide.
Warning: After you reach 500 members, you CANNOT rename the community. Keep this in mind and make sure the name you've chosen is what you want to keep, for life.
Keep on rocking Google+. Sorry, I'm not a wordy guy. People seem to love my tell-it-like-it-is approach to writing. Haha. #headbutt #community #googleplustips
P.S. This is a repeat from a post I made last week. Only this time, I created a big annoying image with official Google+ colors to catch your eye. :)