RealEstate.com Blog: What home improvements help increase property value? Any others you'd add?
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Great article! The thing that we notice in homes on the market all the time is not so much the big statements in a home but more so the little things. Gaps between flooring, the doors that squeak, creak and just don't shut properly are common easy fixes. If a prospective buyer sees little things in a home that need doing, it makes them think that regular maintenance has been ignored and there could be substantial issues under the surface. I'm not paranoid - just really careful!Mar 15, 2012
- It Helps to bring in a fresh eye too sometimes to point out eye sores or things that look out of place or outdated!Mar 15, 2012
- I read that swimming pools were not good ROI. But then we live in Canada, where it's winter nine months of the year.Mar 16, 2012
- - Great points. It's always important for a seller to take care of the little things first before moving on to any bigger projects.
- VERY true
- It definitely depends on the area. Seattle's with you for the weather pattern so I'd have to agree that it might not be the best for us either =)Mar 16, 2012