Spring Cleaning Tips for Your Online PropertiesTime for Social Media Spring Cleaning
When was the last time you got to your Twitter account to check how many “bots” were following you?
Like the cleaning supplies under our kitchen sinks, there’s no shortage of products that will help us “clean house”.
Trouble is – cleaning’s right up there with biannual Dental visits among the things we procrastinate.
But if we don’t take time to maintain our digital properties, we could end up with the equivalent of a root canal instead of a relatively painless cleaning.
What are some of the rooms in our digital house that need cleaning?Apps
– Do you know what third party apps have permission to access your account?Security
– When was the last time you changed your passwords? I use LastPass to generate new passwords ( and remember) them regularly.Branding
- Have you made changes to your profile photo. updated your bio, changed your logo? Have they been implemented across all your properties?Contact Info
- Updated?Images & other media
– Computer feeling sluggish? Spend hours flipping through blog images you don’t need anymore. If you don’t use them, toss them.
Go to the original post to view teh #RayBunch
show and the 2 minute excerpts from each of the LunchBunch responding to:What platform do you feel is most challenging to maintain?What’s an example of something that happened that could have been avoided had you “cleaned house”?
Show bonus: The RayLunchBunch TakeOut
1. Circloscope YouTube Playlist for Cleaning Your Circles http://goo.gl/7gLG6w
2. Duplicate Annihilator app that removes duplicates from iPhoto. http://goo.gl/P6tVV5
3. The Power of the Quarterly Business Review http://goo.gl/703Y38
4. Crowdfireapp Twitter & Instagram manager.
5. The Ultimate Digital Clutter Solution
by +Scott Scowcroft
Business strategist, +Jessica Dewell
Branding & Marketing specialist, +Randy Bowden
CEO of The Scott Treatment, +Scott Scowcroft
Digital Strategist & Google+ Coach, +B.L. Ochman
Social Media & Google+ Strategist, +Ray Hiltz #socialmedia #security #digitalmarketing