- In 1985 Rasmus began “theater style” auction sales, eliminating the old-fashioned “walk-around” approach used by most auctioneers. Bidders previewed assets onsite, then were seated “theater style” in front of a televisions or screens. The theater approach allowed bidders to remain comfortable and confident in their bidding as first slides, then digital photos flashed across the screens.
- In 1996 Rasmus was amongst the first auctioneers to post events online for preview. This revolution provided buyers with detailed, advanced looks at sales items, dramatically improving buyer knowledge of sales assets.
- In 1997 Rasmus began posting auction catalogs online for interactive online bidding. Internet bidding was halted prior to the live auction and the resulting bids were used as opening or proxy bids by the auctioneer.
- In 2003 Rasmus conducted its first internet only auction. As before, every item was posted online, however, all bidding took place on the internet.
- In 2006 Rasmus determined that, with few exceptions, liquidation would be conducted by internet only auction. The access and flexibility the internet provides has resulted in Rasmus being able to conduct hundreds of events with greater participation for both sellers and buyers alike.
Today, Rasmus is one of a handful of liquidators who has combined the benefits of traditional liquidation techniques with the power of the internet to create a liquidation model which is fast, affordable, flexible, efficient and astoundingly effective. R.L. Rasmus Auctioneers, Inc. is one of the top internet-only auction sites in terms of traffic, registered bidders, e-newsletter subscriptions, hits, visitors, sales per year and items sold.
Unlike eBay or CraigsList, which sell a single item to a single buyer, rasmus.com is an event based liquidation site. Each event has a location, scheduled preview, closing and removal. Each event sells many assets to many buyers.
As Rasmus continues to innovate and refine our marketing, merchandising and sales techniques, we open new markets and opportunities for our selling and buying clients