Sharing is the currency of social media. It’s not just a nice thing to do, but an essential part of Content and SEO marketing strategy.
Why do we share content?
I think that depends if by “we” you mean marketers or normal
The number of shares and the influence of the people who share your content are markers Google uses to assess what place you deserve in search results.
As such, business factor shareability
into the content they publish.
Everyone shares content... (From +Mark Schaefer - Code of Content)
1. As an act of generosity or kindness to inform or help people.
2. As an expression of their own identity.
3. Because they love the brand so much, they share the content no matter what it is, because it’s about the emotional connection. (This reason has nothing to do with content and everything to do with the person or the brand that wrote it.)
We don’t normally think we're giving
We share them - and often in the hope there'll be reciprocity. (see Reciprocity, Social Sharing or Marketing Strategy
We saw this a lot on Twitter.
But what of “giving”?
Are there instances where we do give something of ourselves online?
We lose nothing by sharing
- other than our time
No news flash here - social media is a bi time suck.
Once spent, we can never get it back.
We give a lot of this valuable non renewable resource to projects that we hope will produce some form of ROI.
What happens when it doesn’t?
How do we feel when our “charity” goes unappreciated?
Join us Live Tuesday, May 12th at 12:15pm ET
Watch on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/F3DNkqgsNxw
- Bowden2Bowden marketing & branding virtual consultancy firm: http://bowden2bowden.com
- Twitter:@bowden2bowden+Jessica Dewell
- Business Consulting Advisory Board: http://infusionprinciple.com
- Twitter:@jess_dewell+Scott Scowcroft
- The ScottTreatment: www.theSCOTTtreatment.com+B.L. Ochman
- Google+ Events, Coaching, Digital Strategist: http://www.whatsnextblog.com/
- Twitter:@whatsnext+Ray Hiltz
- Social Strategist & Google+ Specialist - Power Your Business With People: Visit: rayhiltz.com
Here are a few of our recent shows:
- The Evolution of Google+ and Communities w/ Martin Shervingtonhttps://youtu.be/ecJFjF38V7Q
- The Medium not the Message with Mark Traphagen:https://youtu.be/h0M1yn-Hfe0
- How to Build Online Communities & Tribes:https://youtu.be/MSnNAFwub9k
- What's Our Line? RayBunch 75th Show: https://youtu.be/ol5kYGZsHTw
- How to Create Compelling Images for Your Content w/+Dustin W. Stout https://youtu.be/MH9IMdFASLM?list=PLvdaW-uAxRClPLy8eBDnPc0s4L1C3CVHtCatch other past Lunch Bunch shows on my YouTube Playlist:
-http://goo.gl/6841cDSubscribe here for my weekly Marketing News & Views Newsletter: http://goo.gl/EbWkOa
Do you want to be in my #RayBunch
show invitation circle?
Reply "yes" or "Maybe" below or leave a comment.