Who is the Boss of You?Self-Employment: How Hard Can It Be?
One of the effects of the 2008 financial crisis - besides people losing homes and bankers buying bigger ones - was the decision of recently unemployed people to “become their own boss.”
Many decided to turn hobbies into businesses.
Many made Facebook a hobby, then decided to become Social Media Consultants.
Five years ago, I went out on my own because:
a. - I was tired of managing Non Profit companies. While fulfilling in a personal sense, years of managing razor thin budgets and putting out fires, took a physical and emotional toll.
b. - I was always passionate about communications so totally excited about social media - seeing in them a way to address many problems I encountered over years in business.
I managed people most of my life.
How hard could managing myself be?(Enough with the rolling of the eyes...)Are you self-employed?Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur?Do you know the difference?
gathers around the digital lunch table this week to look at the advantages and challenges of being your own boss.
Join us Live Tuesday, June 9th at 12:15pm ETWatch on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-95449jW9g
- Bowden2Bowden marketing & branding virtual consultancy firm: http://bowden2bowden.com
- Twitter:@bowden2bowden+Jessica Dewell
- Business Consulting Advisory Board: http://infusionprinciple.com
- Twitter:@jess_dewell+Scott Scowcroft
- The ScottTreatment:www.theSCOTTtreatment.com+B.L. Ochman
- Google+ Events, Coaching, Digital Strategist: http://www.whatsnextblog.com/
- Twitter:@whatsnext+Ray Hiltz
- Social Strategist & Google+ Specialist Visit: rayhiltz.com
- Twitter:@rayhiltzHere are a few of our recent shows:
- The Perks and Pitfalls of Periscope and Meerkat
- Is Curation Lazy Content Marketing?
- Is Sharing Really About Caring?
- The Evolution of Google+ and Communities
w/ Martin Shervingtonhttps://youtu.be/ecJFjF38V7Q
- The Medium not the Message with Mark Traphagen:https://youtu.be/h0M1yn-Hfe0Catch other past Lunch Bunch shows on my YouTube Playlist:
-http://goo.gl/6841cDSubscribe here for my weekly Marketing News & Views Newsletter: http://goo.gl/EbWkOa
Do you want to be in our show invitation circle?
Reply "yes" or "Maybe" below or leave a comment.