- SelfSteering:, 2014 - presentProfessional Advocate of whole-person development who encourages and mentors people to explore learning as a journey of discovery and self-improvement. I see technology as an opportunity to fundamentally change how we deliver education to those on the margins of society. Personal: Masters Candidate, digital opportunities exploiter, practitioner of self-tracking, exploring the convergence of the quantified self movement, e-portfolios and personal learning environments. Military: I am a champion of NCO self-development to enhance professional skills and to enrich the profession of arms and a believer that the NCO corps are the greatest untapped resource modern militaries have at their disposal. Education and self-improvement opportunities are key to enabling that resource to be fully operationalize.
- Canadian ForcesChief Warrant Officer, 1978 - 2014
- Royal Roads UniversityMasters Candidate, 2012 - 2014
Always open to new challenges and opportunities, just contact me. http://ca.linkedin.com/in/ralphmercer/
- Open UniversityInsitute of Educational Technology, 2015 - present
- Royal Roads UniversityMAIS, 2014
Seth's Blog: "Do you have three minutes?" The conservation of mental ban...
It's not the three minutes it will take to do this favor for you. Everyone has three minutes. And it's not even the noise and the wear and t
Wireless mobile storage expander roundup: Your iPad wants one of these
CNET editor Dong Ngo puts together a list of mobile storage accessories for those wanting to carry a lot more content than their iPad or oth
New entrant disrupts rankings hierarchy - University World News
It is something of a wonder how, in 10 short years since they were invented, global rankings have come to have a fixed hierarchy of prestige
Zero Rolls Out a Rugged Electric Motorcycle for Special Ops | Autopia | ...
Electric motorcycles just went from practical to tactical with the Zero MMX, the first all-electric bike developed specifically for the U.S.
Myspace Is Back — As an iOS App | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Myspace, the social network that dominated the early part of this century, has risen from the ashes. Or at least, that's the plan, as Myspac
6 Alternatives To Bloom's Taxonomy For Teachers - TeachThought
At the end of the day, teaching is about learning, and learning is about understanding. And as technology evolves to empower more diverse an
Personify Launches Immersive Video Conferencing for Apple's Notebooks an...
Personify, the immersive video communication company behind Personify Liveâ„¢, announced today the launch of the Mac version of its flagship
A collection of hand selected articles from The Social Learning Daily paper
Now in Beta! Paper.li multi-share - share your favorite articles, photos and videos from one paper in 1 go.
Content Curation - Best Practices | E-Learning Council
E-Learning Symposium Austin. ELS -2013 Austin Registration. New forum topics. Complex Real Jailbreak/Unlock iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS iOS 6.1.4/6.1.
There are only four jobs in the whole world – are you in the right one?
For the past 30 years my company has been involved in creating over 2,500 different performance-based job descriptions that define the actua
Students can criticize prof on Facebook, court rules - Calgary - CBC News
Alberta's highest court is siding with two University of Calgary students who say their charter rights were violated when the school punishe
It's Nikola Tesla's World (We're Just Opening Museums About Him In It)
Matthew Inman--the comic illustrator behind The Oatmeal--won a thumping victory against FunkyJunk's lawyer in June and raised more than $220
Alternatives to Google Reader? Don't Bother, You're Not Going Anywhere...
Today Google Reader became the latest Google product to have Plus added to it. Now Google Reader users can +1 or share items to Google Plus,
BlackBerry review: The good and bad of the new Z10 - Technology & Sc...
Peter Nowak reviews the new Z10 smartphone from BlackBerry. Bottom line: pretty cool, great speed, but needs more apps and a better map prog