I provide front-line technical support to news, government, political users of Twitter, managing, tracking and expanding Twitter's relationships with journalists/editors and government officials & politicians; increasing the active usage of Twitter significantly among them.
My brief is to develop best practices and new story formats, and drive adoption by news, government, political users. I also lead strategies that scale up Twitter’s reach and impact with news, government, political users of Twitter.
Previously I have worked as the Director of Communications, India at Change.org, the world's largest petition platform.
I was in charge of formulation and execution of communication strategy around India-based, India relevant global campaigns on Change.org and the overall buildup of the Change.org brand in India.
I have also worked as a Strategic Communications Consultant advising brands like TATA and the UNDP.
I have over six years of experience as a cross platform journalist & story teller, working in & writing for outlets like CNN-IBN, BBC-PRI, The Atlantic Monthly, ProPublica and a host of publications across the world.
As a Development Practitioner, l have worked with Mercy Corps International, executing a highly successful Participatory Planning Youth Leadership Project in Kashmir. In my long association with WISCOMP, I have conducted several trainings for it's beneficiaries in Delhi and Srinagar.
I have trained participants in the use of technology & social media for affecting social change. I have spoken about the issue passionately across the subcontinent, including at the July 2012 2nd Indo Pak Social Media Summit in Karachi in and the Feb 2013 US State Department Mumbai Tech Camp.
The intersection of technology & social change excites me. I am a regular commentator on the issue on National and International Media outlets like BBC, Time, NDTV, AFP & others.
- Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune
- Govt. Degree College Anatnag, Kashmir
- Twitter Inc.India Head of News, Politics & Government., 2014 - present
- Change.orgDirector Communications, India, 2012 - 2014
- Mint Sauce ConsultingFounder Director, 2011 - 2012
- Mercy Corps InternationalProject Coordinator, 2010 - 2011
- Times Global BroadcastingSenior Correspondent, 2009 - 2010
- CNN-IBNSenior Correspondent, 2006 - 2009
- SifyColumnist, 2011
- New Indian ExpressFreelance Correspondent, 2011
- PRI-BBCFreelance Correspondent, 2010
- Radio KashmirRJ, Talk Show Presenter, 2002 - 2005
- Independent JournalistProPublica, BBC, 2011 - 2011
Unlock New Opportunities for you and your contacts – join me on SkillPa...
SkillPages enables you to get found by anyone anywhere searching for your skill. Demonstrate and share your skills, expertise or talents on
The struggle to organise a charity music concert in Kashmir
Srinagar: In the end, a group of students got past a Music is haraam edict to stage a successful charity concert in front of hundreds of you