Final results of changing one SEO element of a single page and the resulting improvement in visits, bounce rate, pages/visit & average time on site. Can you guess what change has this effect?
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 25 previous comments
- here is the post as promised http://www.mihswat.com/2012/01/31/seo-fundamentals-important-google-plus/Jan 31, 2012
- I thinkhit the nail right on the head, get back to the fundamentals.... and changing the titles tag is a legitimate way to increase traffic, often under estimated by many SEO's ... It is not Woop-tee-do, it is mandetory and many people overlook the simplest onsite optimisationJan 31, 2012
- Thanks fo your comment
Sharing the page I changed or the site I did it on would defeat the purpose of the experiment and could have altered the results dramatically.
The thing about SEO and it's ever changing nature is that people get lost in the new and forget the importance of the basics. Call it an SEO's inability to see the wood for the trees. I could go on ad nauseam about the importance of fundamental seo principles but that has been done to death in millions of places including the periodic table of seo elements.
I am guilty of building too much suspense but would you have read the post if I called it "What impact will Google+ have on SEO?" amongst the 194,000,000 result already out there?
If there was one message I'd like you to leave the page with it's this, "SEO Fundamentals are important with or without G+" nothing more, nothing less.
once again, thank you for the constructive criticism.Jan 31, 2012
- The fact here is that Rafiq went and created hype around G+ and this wasn't about it at all. All he has shown is that a title tag will increase rankings, and we all knew that. So, good to know.Jan 31, 2012
- we all know it but easily forgetJan 31, 2012
- I didn't mention the URL anywhere, used Landing Page report with Keyword as secondary dimension to see only the impact on search traffic the change had to the page in question.Jan 31, 2012