#climbing #climbers #yosemite
Exiled from the tropical paradise where they evolved, a tiny population of remarkable stick insects dodged extinction by hiding under a single windswept bush on the world's tallest sea stack for 80 years. Thanks to a dedicated team of scientists they're now living safely in captivity, but when can they go home?
Morrison's work is characterized by his sensitive approach to found, often decaying film footage, and his close collaboration with contemporary composers, including Vijay Iyer, Johann Johannsson and Bill Frisell. Audiences from this year's festival will recall our premiere screening of 'The Great Flood', inspired by the catastrophic Mississippi River Flood of 1927 and the ensuing transformation of American society.
"The only major directors with a comparably original ear are probably Jean-Luc Godard and Peter Greenaway." —LA Times
“A TERRIFIC ACHIEVEMENT!” —LA Times on THE GREAT FLOOD
“ASTONISHING!” —Sight & Sound on THE MINERS’ HYMNS
“The most widely acclaimed American avant-garde film ofthe Fin de siècle.” —J. Hoberman, The Village Voice on DECASIA
For more information:
Catch it on the big screen this weekend at the Wild & Scenic Environmental Film Festival - PLUS I'm emcee-ing the show!!
I'll see you there.
Are you going?
- San Francisco Green Film FestivalFounder & CEO, 2010 - present
- San Francisco Ocean Film FestivalFestival Director, 2007 - 2009
- Bay Area Women in Film & MediaBoard of Directors/Treasurer, 2008 - 2011
- Winslow & Associates, Inc.Event Coordinator, 2006 - 2008
- San Francisco Film SocietyExecutive Assistant, 2004 - 2006
- United International Pictures (UIP)Publicity Officer, 2002 - 2003
- Intermedia FilmsMarketing Executive, 2001 - 2002
- New Producers Alliance (NPA)Publications Manager, 2000 - 2001
- BFI London Film FestivalGuest Services Coordinator, 1999 - 1999
- Edinburgh International Film FestivalSubmissions Coordinator/Industry Desk Manager, 1997 - 1998
I’m passionate about how film can be the catalyst for massive environmental change on a local and global scale.
In 2011, I launched the San Francisco Green Film Festival – now the Bay Area's leading festival of films and discussions about people and the planet. See you at the 5th San Francisco Green Film Festival, May 28 - June 3, 2015 and our screenings and socials throughout the year
- University of ManchesterBA Hons History of Modern Art & Architecture, 1994 - 1997
- British Film Institute (BFI)MA Cinema & Television Studies, 1998 - 1999
- Birkbeck, University of LondonMA Cinema & Television Studies, 1998 - 1999