This is for #FungusFriday I don't know for certain what the white fungus t is ,but the closest I cam to ID'ing it ,would be a species Calocera Fungus.
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Awesome find... my favorite types of fungus are the ones, like this, that look like they belong underwater.Oct 28, 2011
- Yup,the first thing I thought was that it looked so much like a coral.There is a type of fungi sometimes called coral fungus(Clavarioid fungi),perhaps it's one of that type instead.I couldn't find a fungus exactly like it.Oct 28, 2011
- Much as I love fungi I don't know too much about how to identify them... it seems that there are always many similar species, but nothing that matches quite exactly right, atleast in my experience. Here is another potential contendor I found through a quick google search: http://www.sharnoffphotos.com/lichensG/sphaerophorus_venerabilis.html Again, its similar, but not quite perfect.Oct 28, 2011
- that bokeh is just drool worthyNov 2, 2011
- It really stands out in the nice green mosses, almost like dusty millers do in our flower gardens. Good Stuff!Nov 13, 2011
- I just stumbled upon this! What you have here is a species of lichen from the genus Cladonia! It could be Cladonia subtenuis or perhaps even Cladonia rangiferina both of which are referred to as "reindeer moss".
Oh I almost forgot to tell you how much I love the shot! The DOF is perfect! :DAug 16, 2012
- Thanksfor both the ID and liking my picture !!Aug 19, 2012