Dashcode datasource with https
I am a novice trying to learn iOS programming to build iPhone web sites with Dashcode 3. I had great difficulty to find a way to specify a secure HTTPS site instead of HTTP as described in all tutorials. I have found a workaround to the problem however I am not sure if there is a better way. Here are the things I have found with dashcode and datasource.
* When you change the datasource URL, you must perform a datasource refresh otherwise the new link will not take effect
* Enter username and password in the URL in the datasource such as https://user:firstname.lastname@example.org/sampleData.js
and perform a refresh. You should see the new content. If not, don’t go further
* Remove the string user:password@ from the URL and do a refresh again. Make sure that you still see the new content
* Complete your code then save and deploy the project.
* Don’t try to run the project in the simulator. It won’t work. Run it off the web site you have deployed using https e.g. https://mysite.com/myproject
on your iPhone device
* You will be prompted to enter your username and password and this should work
Hope this can help someone and please let me know if you know of a better way to deal with this problem.