Step 1 of rollout. Dev editions, other carrier versions rolling out in days.
102 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 109 previous comments
- Sep 18, 2013
- I actually had a design in Moto Maker that was almost identical to what the DE looks like, except I put a blue metallic trim on it. I noticed several other people came up with the exact same design too. (http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/23/motomaker-is-now-live-for-playing-purposes-coming-soon-if-your-want-to-buy-a-custom-moto-x/#comment-1014917480)Sep 18, 2013
- You are right there is no gun to my head. There is also nobody holding a gun to your head to put in your $0.02 but you did so anyway and hey I don't mind, it is what makes conversations interesting!
If I wanted the DE Maxx I would go out and get that one. I want the Moto X but I would like to get it in a color scheme that is not ugly. Should I or any other person wanting a DE device have that choice? I can be considered a developer and I do care what color the device is. It is something I have to look at and I don't want to look at something ugly. I should not have to hide the ugly color scheme in a case.
One last thing, there are quite a number of people who don't like the color scheme but I guess since they did not say something on here where you are reading what Nuna and myself have said then you would not know about it. A little common sense goes a long ways.
But hey to each our own right? I am glad you are able to live with the color scheme if you purchased one along with . I just hope Motorola/VZW will give us other people a choice when it comes buying a VZW DE phone. Personally I would like an all black DE phone to purchase.Sep 18, 2013
- I completely missed that article on DL. Thanks for the link and wish I would have run across that link back in Aug as I would not have had a WTF moment tonight.Sep 18, 2013
- I think I had the same initial reaction to the color choice, but I guess I've had more time for it to grow on me. At this point I think it's still different enough from the run-of-the-mill Moto X that other Verizon customers will be using that I'd be cool with it. However, that price is probably not going to fly with the Mrs. So I'll probably be on the "Waiting for Moto Maker" bus with you, so I can get a subsidized 32gb model.Sep 19, 2013
- My initial reaction is still WTF on it, but hoping it will grow on me. I am tossing up this or the LGG2 for obvious reasons. The Mrs. is cool with me on this as I have a tech toy fund I use if life doesn't need it before a toy is purchased. But I am hoping that Moto Maker will be available for all flavors of the MotoX here soon so you can get dev or non-dev built in your own style that you like. Hopefully any of us will not need to wait long.Sep 19, 2013