Professional Photographers of America is the world's largest nonprofit association for professional photographers, with more than 30,000 members in 54 countries. This photographer’s association seeks to increase the business and creative scope of its members by providing benefits, education, professional certification and business advice.
See below for some of the many benefits of PPA membership!
• Equipment Insurance: PPA is the only photography association to offer equipment insurance for photographers as part of your membership. PPA’s PhotoCare option offers $15,000 in photography equipment insurance to Members (in the United States) for free! You're covered for breakage, plus loss due to fire or theft. We also offer drone equipment and liability coverage. Learn more: https://www.ppa.com/insurance
• PPAedu: The PPAedu library offers more than 300 hours of tutorials, educational videos, live workshops, and webinars to PPA members 24/7 to sharpen your photography techniques, marketing strategies, sales techniques, and business operations. Additionally, PPAedu's assessment tool shows you what areas of photography you need a refresher on, and recommend videos to watch. Learn more: http://www.ppa.com/edu/
• Business Challenge: In this year-long program, PPA mentors will help guide you, step-by-step, on how to develop solid foundations for your business and take your business to greater profitability. This program will answer your most vital business questions, develop a personalized success plan, prioritize your tasks to reduce overwhelm, and connect with other photographers working through the same challenges. Learn more: http://bemore.ppa.com/ppas-business-challenge/
• Certified Professional Photographer (CPP): This program is a declaration of your professional competence, assuring others of your knowledge, experience, and on-going commitment to the craft. CPP is a credential consumers and businesses understand; more importantly, it provides you with a tool for telling the potential clients why they should call YOU rather than a competitor down the street. Learn more: http://www.ppa.com/CPP/
• Imaging USA: Hosted by PPA, Imaging USA is an annual conference featuring the largest photography expo in North America, educational sessions on the artistic and business side of photography, and the world's largest International Print Exhibition. Learn more: http://imagingusa.org/
• IPC: Each year, PPA holds the International Photographic Competition (IPC), selecting photographers' top photographs for the year. The best of the best are then placed in the PPA Loan Collection and bound in a beautiful hardcover book, available through Marathon Press. These collections are displayed at the Imaging USA IPC Exhibit, so PPA members and the general public can marvel at the year's best in photography. IPC images also appear at PPA's Grand Imaging Awards, where IPC winners will compete for the year’s best Loan Collection in six categories: Event Albums, Non-Event Albums, Illustrative, Artist, Portrait, and Wedding. One of those six winners will go on to win the Grand Imaging Award.
• theLoop: This photographer-only forum for PPA members is the perfect way to give and receive help on all of your photography questions. Learn more:http://theloop.ppa.com/
• Copyright Guidance: PPA provides members with downloadable resources to help prevent and stop copyright infringement, as well as guides on PPA.com that can help answer your questions and walk you through the copyright process. Learn more: https://www.ppa.com/copyright
• Advocacy: PPA is the only photographic association with a full-time Copyright and Government Affairs Department. The House Judiciary Committee is currently working to create a piece of legislation that will make it easier for photographers to enforce their copyrights. This includes the creation of a copyright small claims process, and we need your help to push this advocacy through! Learn more: http://www.ppa.com/advocacy/
• Merit & Degree program: PPA’s Merit & Degree program recognizes photographers’ achievements in the profession. Created in 1937, this is the oldest PPA educational program. It is run on a point system, with merits standing as points that member photographers earn for various accomplishments. Merits are earned towards degrees. After 25 merits, the photographer is eligible for the following degrees: Photographic Craftsman (Cr.Photog.), Master of Photography (M.Photog.), Master Artist (M.Artist), and/or Master of Electronic Imaging (MEI). Learn more: https://www.ppa.com/degrees/
• Indemnification Trust: Members in the US and Canada are eligible to join the Indemnification Trust, a type of malpractice coverage for photographers. Should a client come after you for anything that goes wrong, the Trust will connect you with an attorney to help defend you. The Indemnification Trust will also pay for all attorney's fees and any damages awarded to your clients.
• Professional Photographer Magazine: The official magazine of PPA, Professional Photographer helps readers advance their businesses and careers through editorial content that addresses the artistic, technological, and business aspects of their work
229 Peachtree St. NE #2200 Atlanta, GA 30303 USA