Statement of the International Committee of the Fourth International
3 July 2014
1. One hundred years after the outbreak of World War I and 75 years after the start of World War II, the imperialist system is once again threatening humanity with a catastrophe.
2. The breakdown of global capitalism that erupted in 2008 has vastly accelerated the predatory drive by the imperialist powers for a new division and redivision of the world. Already, in the two decades since the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the major imperialist powers have visited destruction and death on millions of people in wars in the Balkans, Middle East, Central Asia and Africa. Time and again they have proven their indifference to human suffering. Now, a qualitatively new stage in the crisis of imperialism has been reached—one in which the major powers are risking a nuclear conflagration.
3. The danger of a new world war arises out of the fundamental contradictions of the capitalist system—between the development of a global economy and its division into antagonistic nation states, in which the private ownership of the means of production is rooted. This finds its most acute expression in the drive of US imperialism to dominate the Eurasian landmass, above all those areas from which it was excluded for decades by the Russian and Chinese revolutions. In the west, the US, in league with Germany, has orchestrated a fascist-led coup to bring Ukraine under its control. But its ambitions do not stop there. The ultimate objective is to dismember the Russian Federation, reducing it to a series of semi-colonies to open the way for the plunder of its vast natural resources. In the east, the Obama administration’s pivot to Asia is aimed at encircling China and transforming it into a semi-colony. Here, the objective is to ensure domination of the cheap labour that is one of the key global sources of the surplus value extracted from the working class and the life-blood of the capitalist economy.
4. At present, Washington is pursuing these objectives with the collaboration of the other major imperialist powers. However, there is no permanent coincidence of interests among them. German imperialism, which fought two wars with the US in the 20th century, is reviving its imperial ambitions. Having secured the dominant position in Western Europe, it is seeking to become a world power. Likewise in Asia, Japan is remilitarising in order to pursue its own longstanding ambitions for regional hegemony. To legitimise this turn, systematic efforts are being made to whitewash the monstrous crimes of the Nazis and the Japanese imperial army in the 1930s and 1940s.
5. All of the imperialist powers—including Britain, France, Canada and Australia—are taking full part in this struggle for spheres of influence. Every area of the globe is a source of bitter conflict: not only the former colonies and semi-colonies in the Middle East, Africa and Asia but also the Arctic, Antarctic and even outer space and cyberspace. These conflicts, in turn, are breeding tensions leading to separatist tendencies, ethnic divisions and communal fighting.
6. The Russian and Chinese regimes do not constitute a counterweight to the imperialist war drive. Both represent a criminal oligarchy that emerged from the restoration of capitalism carried out by the Stalinist bureaucracies, and seek only to defend their interests. Not only do they bear political responsibility for the terrible dangers now facing the Russian and Chinese masses, but the nationalism they are whipping up serves to divide the working class.
7. Another imperialist bloodbath is not only possible; it is inevitable unless the international working class intervenes on the basis of a revolutionary Marxist program. The two world wars of the 20th century arose out of the contradiction between global economy and the outmoded nation-state system. Each of the imperialist powers sought to resolve this contradiction by striving for world hegemony. The globalisation of production over the past three decades, resulting in a further qualitative leap in the integration of the world economy, has brought the fundamental contradictions of capitalism to a new peak of intensity.
8. The collision of imperialist and national state interests expresses the impossibility, under capitalism, of organising a globally-integrated economy on a rational foundation and thus ensuring the harmonious development of the productive forces. However, the same contradictions driving imperialism to the brink provide the objective impulse for social revolution. The globalisation of production has led to a massive growth of the working class. Only this social force, which owes no allegiance to any nation, is capable of putting an end to the profit system, which is the root cause of war.
9. All the great issues confronting the working class—the growth of social inequality, the resort to authoritarian forms of rule—are inseparable components of this struggle. There can be no fight for socialism without a struggle against war and there can be no fight against war without a struggle for socialism. Imperialist war must be opposed by the working class, leading behind it the youth and oppressed masses, on the basis of a socialist program: the fight to take political power, expropriate the banks and major corporations and begin the task of constructing a world federation of workers’ states.
10. The International Committee of the Fourth International (ICFI) resolves to place the struggle against war at the centre of its political work. It must become the international centre of revolutionary opposition to the resurgence of imperialist violence and militarism. There is no other organisation that even aims to carry out this task. Innumerable former pacifists, liberals, Greens and anarchists have positioned themselves behind the imperialist war drive under the fraudulent banner of human rights. Similarly, the pseudo-left tendencies such as the Pabloites and the state capitalists, having denounced “knee jerk anti-imperialism”, are lined up behind US aggression against Russia and China.
11. The building of the Fourth International, under the leadership of the International Committee, is the central strategic question. It is the only conceivable means through which the working class can be unified internationally. The online May Day rally held on May 4, attended by people from 92 countries, revealed the growing support for the revolutionary perspective of the ICFI and the potential for its development as the world party of socialist revolution. The task of the ICFI now is to work for the development of sections in new countries and areas of the world.
Warning--any person and/or institution and/or Agent and/or Agency of any governmental structure including but not limited to the United States Federal Government also using or monitoring/using this website or any of its associated websites, you do NOT have my permission to utilize any of my profile information nor any of the content contained herein including, but not limited to my photos, and/ or the comments made about my photo's or any other "picture" art posted on my profile. You are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing, disseminating, or taking any other action against me with regard to this profile and the contents herein. The foregoing prohibitions also apply to your employee(s), agent(s), student(s) or any personnel under your direction or control. The contents of this profile are private and legally privileged and confidential information, and the violation of my personal privacy is punishable by law.
International Project Management (PMO) in multicultural environments.
Information systems functional audit and compliance.
Requirement analysis, BPM, Fit-Gap analysis, Solution design. Functional architecture, MDM, Core Model.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Demand Chain Management, Sales and Credit management.
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Purchasing and Subcontracting.
Finance, Budgeting, General Ledger US/FR/IFRS Gaap, AP, AR, Cash management, Costing, Controlling, Accounting rules, Cost Accounting. Contract management. Risk management.
Financial statements, Reporting, Business Intelligence (BI), Demand/Supply Chain Intelligence.
Reducing IT cost and complexity, while increasing business value and effectiveness.
Adapt IT to corporate strategies with true Business-IT collaboration and multi-perspective approach.
Closer alignment between IT deliverables and business requirements. Real business value delivery.
Increase Information System efficiency. Improve information availability.
Shorten time to value. Improve Business agility.
Track progress, highlight issues and propose solutions.
Solution design including organizational processes.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) design.
Reduce costs and increase sales.
Continuum service management.
The Oil Cold War: An Attack on Russia, Iran, Venezuela and the Environme...
Prices of gas at the pumps in the United States have declined by a remarkable 42 percent since August 2014. This acute drop in gasoline pric
Les USA interdisent à l'UE de se rapprocher de la Russie (média allemand)
Les Etats-Unis ont coupé court aux tentatives de l’Union européenne de lever les sanctions et d'amorcer un rapprochement avec la Russie, est
"The ISIS Leader Does Not Exist": The US Military's Stunning Conspiracy ...
Alleged ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. Having noted that voter angst has been riled, propagandized, and fear-mongered to the point at whi
Rothschild Email: “Mossad Were Behind The Paris Attacks”
A leaked email from Madame Rothschild in which she says that the Paris Attacks at Charlie Hebdo were 'a Mossad operation'. The email was sen
Tunivisions.net |Médias : Hillary Clinton révèle : DAECH a été créé par ...
L'ancienne chef de la diplomatie américaine et ex-première dame des Etats-Unis, Hillary Clinton, a secoué le monde avec d'intrigantes révéla
Company In Which US Vice President Joe Biden's Son Is Director Prepares ...
Recall what we said earlier today: the proxy Ukraine war just like that in Syria preceding it, "is all about energy." Recall also the follow
From Hong Kong to Xinjiang...: Beijing is Catching on to Washington's In...
Though it has a new catchy name, the recent "revolution" in Hong Kong followed a very familiar pattern of US engineered regime change and de
Just six powerful corporations control almost all the information you se...
Just six powerful corporations control almost all the information you see and hear
US Military to Train Ukrainian Soldiers and National Guard to Fight Peop...
United States government is getting ready to train Ukrainian military and punitive battalions in winter combat techniques before the end of
Why Amazon's Collaboration With the CIA Is So Ominous - and Vulnerable
Amazon is hosting a huge computing cloud for the CIA's secrets - a digital place where data for mass surveillance and perpetual war are conv
Israel on Trial for its Crimes Against Palestinians: Testimonies of Atro...
The Russell Tribunal on Palestine convened an emergency session in Brussels last month to examine whether Israel committed war crimes in the
Fidel Castro Compares NATO to Hitler's SS. "Just Ideas will Triumph, or ...
In a Monday Cuba state media article, Castro accused Washington and EU allies of warmongering. He compared NATO to Hitler's SS. More on what
The political violence of recognising Israel as a Jewish state
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's belligerent insistence upon the recognition of Israel as a Jewish state is magnified to the exte
Nazi Safaris in Ukraine: Militiaman Fighting Against Government Forces S...
As a basic principle we refrain from showing videos in which prisoners of war are questioned. However with this article we make an exception
Order Out of Chaos: The Global Elites Plan for a “Middle Eastern Union”
The Middle East has been engulfed in a state of chaos for decades now, with the region becoming increasingly unstable in recent years largel