xhttp://oakland.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?clip_id=1708&view_id=2&embed=1&player_width=640&player_height=480&entrytime=1616&stoptime=7240&auto_start=0 From the agenda: Subject: DAC Privacy And Data Retention Policy From:Office Of The City Administrator…
DAC Privacy and Data Retention Policy DRAFT 011515 (pdf) is the last contribution by the ad hoc advisory committee. This document will be cleaned up by staff this week for spelling and punctuation, consistent numbering, and formatting. That version will…
Joe DeVries from the City Administrator’s office and Brian Hofer of the Ad Hoc Advisory DAC Privacy and Data Retention Committee briefed Oakland’s Public Ethics Commission Monday night and took questions. This is my recap of the PEC’s concerns and my…
While it’s not on Oakland’s Legistar yet, our proposal from the Oakland City Council’s Ad Hoc Advisory Committee for the Domain Awareness Center Privacy and Data Retention Policy will be heard at the third meeting of the newly formed Public Safety…
DAC Privacy and Data Retention Policy DRAFT 010215 (pdf) DAC Advisory Committee Meeting Agenda 010815 (docx) We’re responding to comments and recommended edits from the City Attorney’s office on Thursday, 8 January 2015. From there, our recommendations…
- Reapers Inc.Founder, 2013 - presentDefining and championing breakthrough end-of-life product management for information systems.
- PDEC, the Personal Data Ecosystem ConsortiumStrategy Director, 2011 - 2013
- The DataPortability ProjectDirector, 2009 - 2011
- Skype Journal and Reef9Managing Editor and Analyst, 2005 - 2012
- Adecco SAVP for Strategy and Technology
- Bechtel NationalBusiness Development Specialist
- Wang LaboratoriesChannel Sales Manager
- Compaq ComputerSales Trainer
- Wang LaboratoriesChannel Sales Manager
- U.S. Navy Supply Systems CommandOperations Research Analyst
2143 Broadway, #Mez8 Oakland, CA 94612 USA
Call me at +1-510-343-5664, Google Hangouts, or Skype me; I'm mostly available Pacific time, GMT-8. gets my attention. Connect with me on Twitter (@evanwolf), Facebook (philwolff), LinkedIn (philwolff) and Google+.
I am a synthesist, a technologist, a futurist, a product leader, and a founder. I advise collaboration technology projects. I'm researching software product end-of-life in 2014.
I'm also an advocate. I was a director of the DataPortability Project ("Let My Data Go!"), an adviser to the Personal Data Ecosystem Consortium (new markets by giving control over personal data back to people), and a senior associate of the Foresight Institute (better living through molecular manufacturing).
If you're ever in the Bay Area or on Skype, ping me and we can grab coffee or find something fun to do. Cheers!
- California State University Long BeachBusiness AdministrationMajored in Financial Management with concentrations in economics and applied maths
- Wilson High School, Long Beach, California
- Buzz (current)
- Skype Journal (current)
- Blogcount.com (current)
- Next Big Future (current)
- Skype Stats Log (current)
- mosoci (current)
- Skype Journal Test (current)
- emblog (current)
- Tales from the Singularity (current)
- My Liver (current)
- Obituaries a la Blog (current)
- Reef9 Media (current)
- Oakland Democratic Headquarters (current)
- reefsong (current)
- PresenceNEXT (current)
- Campaign 2004 Photos (current)
- Don't Blog (current)
- evanwolf group (current)
- Let My Data Go! (current)
Feedly is a mess! New updates subtract features, erase data
The Google Reader shutdown looms large on our horizon, and it seems no last minute reprieve from the governor will be coming before that swi
Google Maps and Waze, outsmarting traffic together
We’ve all been there: stuck in traffic, frustrated that you chose the wrong route on the drive to work. But imagine if you could see real-ti
Slipknots make commercial fiber 12 times tougher than Kevlar and tougher...
Tweet Pugno used three slip knots to make fiber tougher. By applying this simple trick to a commercial polymer fiber called Endumax, he has
2013 Starship Congress will have an update on the Warp Field Experiments
Tweet Dr. Harold White will give a talk “Warp Field Physics: An Update” He will review the space warp energy optimization techniques and ana
Messenger Plus! for Skype Enhances Skype With Video Recording, Winks and...
MONTREAL, Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Yuna Software, the company that develops, designs and markets Messenger Plus!, has announ
Weaker Yen Increases the Urgency to Restore Japan's Nuclear Energy
Tweet A set of policies in Japan known as “Abenomics” is making a return to nuclear power ever more pressing. The LDP is expected to push ha
Concentrated solar power could boost Natural Gas Plants by 20% for Hybri...
Tweet Natural gas power plants can use about 20 percent less fuel when the sun is shining by injecting solar energy into natural gas with a