The same principle applies to THINKING.
In his new book, Raising Kids Who Read, Daniel Willingham wants to be clear: There’s a big difference between teaching kids to read and teaching them to love reading.
Willingham wants his kids to love reading because, he says, “for me it’s a family value. It’s something that I love, something that I find important. I think I gain experiences I wouldn’t gain any other way by virtue of being a reader. And so naturally I want my children to experience that.”
Dr. Alex Concord here identifies the nitty-gritty of what could be truly life changing ways of looking at how to improve the way we think about these crucial decisions.
* Supporting the harnessing of new ideas that generate pioneering sustainable global philanthropic action.* Passionate about enterprise and entrepreneurialism in general, I'm particularly interested in co-operating and collaborating with entrepreneurial pioneers in both commercial and social enterprises.
* A lifetime of creating and building businesses from scratch, usually in pioneering situations.
* A profound interest in the psychology of decision making, creativity and innovative thinking.
* My company, Gooisoft, is developing 3D graphical thought-processing software to improve decision-making, accelerate and amplify innovation and creativity and generate new ideas. Software that works at the interface between mind and computer, not artificial intelligence, but computer-enhanced human cognition.
* A non-exec. director of the Mindful Policy Group
MPG’s goals regarding policy are ambitious, mould-breaking, and numerous, and are laid out here. The Mindful Policy Group (MPG) is working towards putting understanding of Attachment at the heart of our society.
Attachment science explains human development and relations. Good attachment leads to individuals who are happy, sociable and able to deal with the complexities of life. Attachment problems generate misery, violence, and most of the mental problems that are the key concerns of psychiatry and psychotherapy.
According to the Relationships Foundation, the cost of Attachment failure in the UK is £46bn annually, almost half the annual bill for the NHS.
MPG wants the creation and adoption of policies that, through application of the fundamentals of Attachment, will deliver a more humane, caring and psychologically-aware society, and will also save billions of pounds.
MPG are promoting the book "Family Breakdown, Helping Children Survive the Storm" by renowned psychologist Penelope Leach which is about what divorcing and divorced parents can do to protect the happiness and well-being of their children.
* I'm also trustee of the charity, Work Stress Solutions, which helps people who've had stress related difficulties to regain confidence and get back into work via a safe and nurturing office environment. On their premises are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) specialists, Psychotherapists, Yoga, Aromatherapy, and Massage - all on hand to help clients if required; a unique combination of physical and talking therapies.
Clients coming to Work Stress Solutions are given sustainable commercially viable projects tailored to their skill sets which might include marketing and design assignments, video production, printing services etc.
- GooisoftDirector, 2011 - present