20 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 7 previous comments
- It's the RE20, all right. One of the best microphones for voice work for the price.
The diaphragm is on the top. Check out some youtube reviews of the RE20 to see it in action. The angle of acceptance is quite narrow so it's not hard to get wrong and know you did.Nov 9, 2012
- No way that's an re20. they don't have led lights on them and run phantom power. (assuming phantom power as indicated by the light). Has the wrong taper and its not a textured flat grey paint. I have used an re20 and it is quite possible that the diaphragm is facing the top. But its worth investigating. Also the re20 is a dynamic micNov 9, 2012
- Damn, you're right. It's actually the RØDE Podcaster. I was surprised at how similar they looked, but the number and direction of the grooves on the body made me have a second look.
The diaphragm, though, is still on the top and its performance is eerily similar to the RE20, although some say it's a bit overpriced for what it is. The fact it's a USB mic and acts as a USB playback device, so you can monitor yourself on a hardware level and also have headphones plugged straight into it while podcasting even in a skype call, is a major advantage over the XLR-only RE20, which requires all sorts of other hardware to be used properly and to its full potential.
Good call.Nov 10, 2012
- Then it's simply an eq issue then. LolNov 10, 2012
- What phone camera did u use for that pic? Looks great.Nov 10, 2012
- Nov 10, 2012