Here's how the lock screen widgets work in Android 4.2 -- and we've got our concerns.
7 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- Thanks - so it's not like widgetlocker which lets you put any widget on the lockscreen then... presumably there will be APIs, or manifest options, to let third-party developers support the lockscreen.Nov 13, 2012
- I must I'm a little disappointed on how the lock screen implantation came out. What's the use of having multiple screens full of lock screen widgets when I can just unlock my phone like normal had have the widget on my home screen or a swipe over.Nov 13, 2012
- calendar is a useful one; now I can just quickly check it without entering my pin to unlockNov 13, 2012
- that's true, I can see that being useful. I also like how you can get to the camera faster if you are using a pattern or pin unlock. That was probably what was keeping me from using a pattern unlock all the time because I liked having quick access to the camera. Now I need to find a way to get out of my Verizon contact. Arrr Anyone have any ideas?Nov 13, 2012
- Everybody here's discussing the possible security issues of these new widgets and here I am, trying not flip out over Phil writing chances instead of changes and inobx instead of inbox. There's also a y missing from one of your's.
Phil, Phil, Phil...
:PNov 13, 2012
- So awesome! No security concerns for me.. If I want to keep it secure keep it up behind the lock screenNov 13, 2012