Hey, Hey. My name is Phil Bowyer and I’m in charge of Rule Breaking at BoozeHound. What is BoozeHound? Well, I'm so glad you asked.
BoozeHound is a four legged company that... OK, screw all this
"corporate speak elevator speech" nonsense. Let's have some fun...
BoozeHound, who I created with my wife Kate Bowyer, has had many iterations since it's inception in late 2013. It also went without a name for many months.
What's In A Name? Some say names don't make a difference when it comes to business. But, being the creative type, I disagree. Kate and I wanted something that stood out (maybe even a little shocking), had a personal meaning to us, and was memorable.
Try as we might, we could not come up with a name for our ground-breaking company. One evening, while we took a break from world domination to snack on some dinner, consisting of raw meat and straight whiskey (or maybe it was shepherds pie and water), we heard the name call out to us from.... the television.
Yes, the television. Yeah, that booming voice from above only happens in tv (and when I'm practicing my movie announcer voice). Anyway, we were watching some old M*A*S*H episodes while we feasted and one of the characters called someone a "BoozeHound". Kate and I looked at each other and instantly knew that was the name of our creation.
We have 2 hounds - a red tick coonhound (Bumpus), who has since become our mascot, and our lowrider Slinky, who is half Dachshund and half basset hound.
At the time, we started on a journey of learning and enjoying (hic) about different distilled spirits. See, we had our kids young, so now that they're all grown, this is our time to party like its... oh, never mind. Um, so yeah, the name BoozeHound fit our criteria perfectly.
So, as I said earlier, BoozeHound went through many iterations (which I won't bore you with) before settling on what we call our "four legs"...
BoozeHound Productions - A production company that creates original television
shows, short films and radio shows.
Some our past projects include:
- The Weekly Howl, a show about creativity and business.
- The Kate Show, a show featuring Kate Bowyer and her story about becoming an author
- analogue-rebel, a short film written by Kate Bowyer and shot entirely on a Nexus 4. (to be released very, very soon)
- The Meltdown, a short film/book trailer supporting Kate's book, How I Quit eMail
- Petting The Unicorn, a short film/book trailer supporting Kate's book, How I Quit eMail (releasing August, 2015)
- Crossed, our first horror film, created with literally zero budget and released in 2007
Our current projects (in writing and development mode):
- The Pill - written by Kate Bowyer
- Porch It, a live show that takes a glimpse into cultures around the world
- a documentary about a Swedish rock band that plays in NYC
- a quasi-horror themed reality show
- an animated comedy show
- a dark comedy
BoozeHound OnTap - A place where your project goes to kick some major
ass. We have worldwide partnerships with a variety of artists in many
genres and mediums to help you realize your vision.
Through OnTap, artists and businesses secure licenses for music/video/photos/etc directly from the artists who created it. This is collaboration in it's highest form.
- If you are an artist and would like to submit your work for inclusion, please contact me directly. We are always looking for quality art to share and distribute/license.
BoozeHound BYOB - The "BYOB" has nothing to do with booze as you might
expect. It means "Bring Your Own Body" because, well, this is our
one-of-a-kind apparel company. Really, when I say one-of-a-kind I mean
it - you aren't going to find this stuff anywhere else (and if you do,
remember we did it first).
BoozeHound Publishing - This is our publishing imprint that publishes and distributes our full length novels, short stories and graphic novels in both print and digital formats.
Current & Upcoming Projects:
- The Pill - written by Kate Bowyer
- Lost Angel Trilogy (re-release) - written by Kate Bowyer
So that's BoozeHound and what I do to support my bad habits. On the personal side...
Some fun facts about me:
- I’m from Chicago
- I’m a metalhead \m/
- My favorite beer is Bucer's Paradise (a Stout by a pub/coffeehouse called Bucer's in Moscow, Idaho)
- My Bacon number is 1
- I was a Firefighter/EMT for 10 years
- My favorite food (at the moment) is Cheeseburgers
But, let’s get real, you want to know why you should circle me, right?
- I will entertain you.
- Because I’m awesome. Ask others, they’ll tell you.And if they don't, it's probably because I forgot to pay them.
- Because I say no to the status quo.
- Because I tell it like it is. No fluff, no bullshit.
- Because I like to have FUN. Never underestimate the power of having fun.
- Because I believe action is more important that inspiring a certain mindset.
- Because you’re here anyway and you might as well hit that circle button.
If you've gone this far, you must be friendless and bored. But that's OK. It's nothing to be ashamed of. You'll get no judgement here (at least not in front of you). I'll be your friend. Really, I will. I'm not gonna share my booze or anything, but I'll at least say "hi" as we pass in the stream. So, if you wanna be friends, make sure you say Hi back. Otherwise it's just awkward.