- Neighborhood Housing Services of New York CityVice President of Resource DevelopmentIn a time of economic downturn, I increased revenue by over 30% at Neighborhood Housing Services of New York City (NHS). Establishing major donors, new sponsors and diversifying revenue to address a critical need for sustainable funding. I orchestrated major events during the 30th Anniversary year targeting new stakeholders who became donors. NHS enables individuals and families to invest in, preserve and improve their Neighborhoods, their Homes and their Future.
- New York Theological SeminaryVice President of Institutional AdvancementRestructuring development to more effectively meet the needs of the organization, I successfully wrapped up a $14-million capital campaign at New York Theological Seminary (NYTS). One piece of a cross media camping I led included a series of videos showcasing the Masters in Divinity program for inmates at Sing Sing Prison. The campaign brought us to achieve top SEO on both Google and Bing. I restructured and ran five departments and led board training. I also enjoyed building relationships with people like The Very Reverend James Parks Morton. The organization embraces diverse constituencies and communities, challenging them to achieve a greater degree of love and justice in the world.
- Riverside Church in the City of New YorkInterim Director of Stewardship and DevelopmentI maintained a stable revenue stream during an extended time of transition through three senior ministers within less than two years establishing major donor program, revitalizing donor cultivation events (including a summer jazz series) and setting board protocols for transparency, disclosure and confidentiality. I also created a series of videos revising web pages and utilizing long-standing members of the congregation. The organization celebrates inclusive diversity and inspires personal, spiritual and social transformation.
- The Neuropathy AssociationInterim Development DirectorI was accountable for developing fundraising campaigns supporting clients with neuropathy through awareness, education, support, advocacy, and research. this led to 10% growth in leadership gifts from new constituencies. I increased web traffic 50% by creating, launching, and managing interactive web pages supporting five facets relevant to achieving organization’s mission.
COMMERCIAL & NP ENVIRONMENTS
Peter Zehren has spent his career in the nonprofit sector serving in a variety of management and leadership roles. He has raised $27 million for various organization in the past ten years. He has staged major appeals for various causes from a Broadway Show to jazz preservation on radio to “Doctorates in Christianity” at an institution of higher education. In 2010 he traveled to India as a United States Delegate representing the nonprofit sector where he shared best practices, concepts and ideas with NGO’s and colleagues to reinforce international relations in the nonprofit sector.
- Baruch CollegeExecutive Masters in Public Administration
- University of Wisconsin-MilwaukeeMass Communications
- New York University School of Continuing and Professional StudiesCertificate in Fundraising and Philanthropy
- Rockhurst University Continuing EducationCertificate in Assertiveness Skills for Managers & Supervisors
Management by Manipulation or Appreciation | LinkedIn
Peter Zehren | Nonprofit Management and LeadershipToday most of us are so focused on setting goals we lose sight of potential. We fail to al
Come See Me at the 2014 BoardSource Leadership Forum | Oct 9-10 | LinkedIn
I have been accepted to present at the 2014 BoardSource Leadership Forum (BLF), so I’m inviting you to join me in Washington D.C. for my pre
What 'Disruptive Leadership' Really Means | LinkedIn
The theme for this year’s Aspen Action Forum, my first, is disruptive leadership. Where markets fail or where the established, received norm
Warning: This closing technique could change your whole life. | LinkedIn
George Bernard Shaw (Irish playwright and a co-founder of the London School of Economics) said “those who can’t change their minds can’t cha
The Emergency Unemployment Program Has Ended. The Unemployment Emergency...
The recession has been over for nearly five years, the unemployment rate is down to 6.3 percent and job growth is showing some signs of acce
APRA Mid-Atlantic Researchers Conference | Wealth-X
Mr. Brian Gonzales, Vice President of Wealth-X will be presenting at this conference on Exploring UHNW Philanthropists’ Social Graphs. Wealt
Tough-to-hire workers get boost from city-focused program
The new $8.5 million transitional jobs program is aimed at low-income workers ages 18 to 64, especially those with employment barriers.
Duet:The Smart Bluetooth Tag That Watches Out For Your Phone
It is a smart bluetooth tag that prevents you from losing your phone before its lost.
BUCKS: New arena might need regional sales tax : Portage Daily Register
MILWAUKEE (AP) — Seated at a table on the Milwaukee Bucks’ home court, Peter Zehren looked around the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Thursday
What did Harvard Business School learn studying people who wear sweatpan...
Researchers have discovered subtle cues that help nonconformists break from the pack and thrive.