My favourite cuppa is "Ostfriesentee". Here's how to prepare it:
1) Put loose tea leaves in the tea pot
2) Pour boiling hot water over the leaves, just about covering them
3) Put the tea pot on a tea warmer and wait for 2 minutes
4) Add more boiling water to the tea pot, put back on the tea warmer and wait for another 2 minutes
5) Put a piece of "Kluntje" sugar (white rock candy) in a tea cup
6) Pour just enough of the tea through a tea sieve over the sugar cube to cover it. Enjoy the crackling sound of the sugar cube.
7) Using a special cream spoon, add one of two spoons of cream to the tea. Done properly, this will result in a cloud of cream in the tea cup
8) Do not
When drinking the tea, you will now first experience the bitter taste of the tea itself, then the softer taste of the tea that has blended with the cream , and finally the sweet taste of the sugar.
It certainly does take time to enjoy your tea this way, but once you've experienced the complexity of the taste, you'll always come back to it.
Here is funny video that illustrates how to produce the cream clouds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKBb2EyyXpk
and here is the full ceremony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQitqaJmEr8