Would you believe that the WLE site has more than 6,000 lines of bespoke source code running behind the scenes? And that's without counting the theme or the documentation!
We've just spent most of a week going through all the new functionality for the next WLE release and testing that everything works properly. It's almost ready to go!
The new WLE makes some significant changes to how things work, simplifies a lot of processes and is designed to make your life easier. Here's a quick list of the biggest updates you can expect when the system goes live:
- Up-front payments to put cash in your account faster than ever before
- Unified payments for all countries - no separate WLE Pro system
- More robust payment information checking
- A "ready to get paid" indicator on the My Money screen
- Automatic payments for all PayPal users, twice monthly
- On-demand payments for Western Union users, as before
- Built-in duplicate content checking for our admins
- A bunch of updates and back-end changes for our editors
- Loads of important (but mostly invisible) back-end bug fixes, optimisations, clarifications and corrections!
WLE v5.1 is due for release later this week... keep your eyes peeled!