- Freelance Writer1995 - present
- Tidewater Women MagazineEditor & Publisher, 1999 - presentI launched Tidewater Women with my husband, Peter, and have watched it grow into a much-loved, respected publication. In autumn 2013, we launched a new sister magazine called Tidewater Family.
- Stars & Stripes (current)
- Parents Magazine (past)
- Virginia Living (current)
- Every Day with Rachael Ray (past)
- Our State Magazine (N. Carolina) (current)
- Dallas Child Magazine (current)
- Virgin Atlantic Airways (current)
- Points North Magazine (current)
- AAA Home and Away Magazine (current)
- Destination Weddings and Honeymoons (current)
- BonAppetit.com (current)
Peggy Sijswerda lives in Virginia Beach and edits and publishes two regional magazines: Tidewater Women and Tidewater Family. She freelances on the side, combining her passion for travel, her love of writing, and her insatiable curiosity about everything from architecture to zydeco. Currently she’s planning a trip to Andalusia, where she will follow the brandy route and try not to get lost. Her Dutch husband, Peter, and their three sons sometimes accompany Peggy on her adventures, but she also loves traveling solo. She recently completed a memoir, Still Life with Sierra, which follows Peggy and her family as they lose themselves in Europe for six months, trying to find home.
- Radford UniversityEnglish, 1975 - 1979
- Old Dominion UniversityMFA in creative nonfiction, 1999 - 2005