Thank you for sharing the remarks from Kobo's CEO as well.
Love this newsletter and recommend it to my clients. It is always a wealth of reliable, sensible, balanced industry analysis. Keep up the good work.
- Business of Writing International SummitOrganizer and Host, 2012 - presentThe Business of Writing Today International Summit is a one-of a -kind writer's conference held in Louisville Ky each August. The conference is like no other. It focuses on helping the author or would-be author to build their business through publishing, marketing, platform building, and promotion. Each year the conference presents thirty workshops, presented by experts in the field, that teach authors how to marketing and promote their book, how to leverage social media, how to build the "craft of writing," as well as explaining the benefits of indie and small press publishing. The conference is held each August in Louisville Ky. Each year the conference features a keynote speaker, who has achieved great things in the indie publishing arena. The website is http://businessofwritingsummit.com.
- SpeakerTrainer, Speaker, and Motivator, 2000 - presentAs a professional speaker I have traveled to twenty states, and many professional organizations. I can speak on the following topics: How to Market Your Book How to Speak Well and Be Understood How to Self-Publish Your Book How to Market Your Self-Published Book How to Create and Publish an E-book Publishing Today - How the Publishing Marketplace has Shifted Book Marketing Basics How to Write a Non-Fiction Book To hire Peggy to speak email her at email@example.com or visit her website at http://tbowt.com
- The Business of Writing TodayBook Coach and Podcaster, 2007 - presentAs a book coach I have helped hundreds of authors get their books published through teaching, live workshops, book coaching, and my podcasts. I help authors realize their dream of earning a living as a writer or author. As a book coach I have published and coached dozens of authors. For more information see my website at http://tbowt.com. My podcast, The Business of Writing Today Podcast is heard in over 73 countries and throughout the United States. Our podcast is for authors and would-be authors and writers. It focuses on the "business of writing." We teach writers how to leverage their talent, projects, and books to grow their author platform.
- Darby Press LLCPresident Darby Press, LLC, 2008 - presentI am the President of Darby Press, LLC, a small press located in Louisville, Kentucky started in 2008. Darby Press features poetry, non-fiction, and creative non-fiction books. Our mission and byline is "publishing books that move people forward." Darby Press publishes about ten books per year in the genres of non-fiction, self-help, business, memoir, motivational, and historical novels.
- Self EmployedBook Coach,Author, and Speaker, presentI am a book coach, which means that I help people self-publish their books. I do book layout, cover design, editing, production, PR, publicity, book marketing, and distribution. As a book coach I can help you as little or as much as you need to see your book published on Amazon.com and other online and retail outlets. I have published over 30 books on behalf of my clients, many of which have been in the Amazon Top 100. My book Self-Publishing for Virgins: The first time author's guide to self=publishing, is sold in bookstores and online at Amazon.com. Self-Publishing for Virgins is the definitive guide for any author interested in self-publishing profitably. It is the only self-publishing book currently available on Amazon that features website screen shots from CreateSpace.com, as well as a providing a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to self-publish your book.
Self-Publishing for Virgins, (my
book on how to self publish your book), is written for beginners, the first time author. It is a step-by-step guide to self-publishing with CreateSpace.com.
If you want to know more about self-publishing and the business of writing today, you can listen to my podcasts on iTunes under The Business of Writing Today Podcast or listen at my website http://tbowt.com or http://peggydekay.com. As a book coach I am convinced that self-publishing is a viable business model for today's author.
"Your book is not your baby...your book is your business." Peggy DeKay
- Indiana University Southeast