From HTML to LEDs, or Android to Arduino — Pearl Chen takes on a cross-disciplinary approach to her work. With over 9 years of professional experience in web technologies, Pearl has a body of work that includes Facebook campaigns for Google Chrome and microsites for Nike. Pearl also tackles more unusual jobs such as modifying the guts of Nintendo Wii controllers and creating origami objects from text messages.Pearl was most recently the Research & Technology Manager at the Canadian Film Centre's Media Lab and is now working independently as an educator teaching web development, Android, and electronics -- while also building tools for other educators under her company karma-laboratory.com
Alongside contributing to open source educational resources hosted on Github, Pearl is a published author and contributed the NFC and Open Accessory API chapters to Professional Android Sensor Programming published by Wrox.
A note about my posts:
1) I post regularly -- expect about 5 posts daily.
2) Topics I post about include:
- Electronics and fun Arduino-like stuff (#electronics)
- DIY and maker culture (#DIY)
- Robots! (#DailyRobot use to be a daily thing, not anymore...)
- Android development (#AndroidDev)
- Web development (#WebDev)
- Grassroots & technology education (#education, #ladieslearningcode)
- General technology
- Women in technology (#WomenInTech)
- Events and happenings in Toronto, Canada
3) If you like NFC, or want to know more about NFC, circle +NFC FTW
or tag +NFC FTW in your NFC-related posts.