Since 1985, PCRM has been influencing advancements in medicine and
science. Our membership includes 150,000 health care professionals and
PCRM promotes preventive medicine through innovative programs:
Download the New Four
Food Groups Handout or Poster (PDF)
- PCRM has led the way for reforms of federal nutrition policies.
- Our clinical research programs are breaking new ground in diabetes, cancer, and other serious conditions.
- PCRM’s Cancer Project has provided vital information to tens of thousands of people.
- The New Four Food Groups is PCRM’s innovative proposal for a federal nutrition policy that puts a new priority on health.
- Our public service announcement series features
medical experts on prevention and health.
We encourage higher standards for ethics and effectiveness in research:
- We oppose unethical human experiments. While great
strides have been made in eliminating such experiments, problems
remain. For example, children are still given synthetic growth hormone
in experiments to make them taller, and both children and adults are
exposed to unnecessary new drugs which have toxic effects.
- We promote alternatives to animal research and animal testing.
We have worked to put a
stop to gruesome experiments, such as
the military’s cat-shooting studies, DEA narcotics
experiments, and monkey
self-mutilation projects. We also promote nonanimal
methods in medical education. Currently, more
than three-quarters of all
U.S. medical schools have dropped their animal labs for