I've always been a fan of larger tablets because I enjoy reading large-format material like roleplaying game book PDFs and comic books on the big screen.
The Pixel C doesn't disappoint. Big, crisp screen. Best keyboard for a tablet I've ever used. A great addition to the family.
and I are passing through one of our favorite cities for just one night. Take in the view from Top of the Rock, fancy anniversary dinner, and tomorrow a delicious New York bagel before we hop back on the train for our travel to North Carolina.
I've been a lifelong Star Wars fan. I saw Episode IV: A New Hope when it came out originally in theaters as a young boy and it made a lifelong impression on me.
I'm not as down on Episodes I - III as many are, even if I do admit that they have many, many flaws. A lot of these are made up for by the excellent cartoons Star Wars: The Clone Wars & Star Wars: Rebels which fill in a lot of gaps and are, frankly much better and cleaner stories than the prequel trilogy.
So I'm happy to see a feature film of such high quality, even if it took the setting in a direction that didn't quite match what I'd spent the last few decades imagining where that story would go (sorry, I can't explain that without spoiling). Congrats to the whole cast and crew for pulling that off, and I look forward to seeing where the story goes!
- Community Manager, 2004 - present
- Avatar NuMediaPost-production Supervisor, 1994 - 2002
- Circle Video ProductionsProduction Associate, 1991 - 1994
- Google, Android, and Nexus
- Occasional other tech news
- Geeky stuff like comic books, video games, tabletop RPGs, and scifi & fantasy books/movies/TV
- Infrequent posts about my travels, social dancing, and wine
- Android & Nexus: Paul Wilcox (that's me!) & Orrin Hancock
- Android Wear: Sarah Morales
- Calendar: Alice Justman
- Chrome: Sarah Claxton Deming
- Chrome OS: Andrea Mesterhazy
- Docs: Julianne Niemaszyk
- Google+: Claire Podgorski
- Hangouts & Hangouts On Air: Chris Wong
- Gmail: Jordan Esparza & Andy Bravo
- Maps: Abby DeBellis
- News: Stacie Chen
- Niantic Labs (Ingress, Fieldtrip): Brian Rose
- Panoramio: Gerard Sanz
- Project Glass: Sarah Price
- Sites: Sarah Claxton Deming
- Web Search: (coming soon!)
- YouTube: Daniel Mabasa
- 3D: Nicole Drobeck
I'm a geek, but hopefully one with obsessions beyond traditional geek bounds. My niche interests include gaming (computer/console as well as tabletop RPGs), dancing (social ballroom and Irish ceili), comic books (American-style and some manga), movies (domestic or foreign, Hollywood or indie), animation ("traditional" and anime), skiing (snow, not water), martial arts, science fiction & fantasy, progressive rock, period events, yadda yadda.
The views expressed on Google+, in my blog, via Twitter, on Facebook, and elsewhere (except via official Google channels) are mine alone and not those of my employer.
- University of California, DavisRhetoric/Communications & Psychology, 1987 - 1991
- Henry M. Gunn Senior High School1983 - 1987
EN World: Your Daily RPG Magazine: Your Daily RPG Magazine
The world's largest Dungeons & Dragons fan community and news site with a slew of social networking features, blogs, a marketplace, public a
How persistent Star Wars fans finally got Disney Stores to sell Princess...
Disney got hold of the Star Wars license and, predictably, started selling merch at the Disney Store. Noticeably missing? Princess Leia.
Fingolfin Defeated Again by Morgoth (This Time in Portland) - Lowering t...
The last thing the woman from Northeast Portland probably expected when she got up Tuesday morning was that she would be attacked by a sword
Amazon Acquires Digital Comic Book Store Comixology | TechCrunch
Amazon has just announced that they will acquire comiXology, a service that offers digital versions of comics from Marvel, DC, and many othe
Man spent 100 hours building a Power Loader from Aliens...for his baby girl
And the award for weirdest gift a father ever made his daughter goes to...