Enough for now! I have to get back to work on those projects!
Fill in the blanks:
1) "I will consider TODAY a Success if I accomplish ___________"
2) "What might STOP me doing that (1) is _________ "
3) "I will OVERCOME that (2) by ___________ "
4) "I will REWARD myself for achieving (1) by _______ "
5) "I am so GRATEFUL that _________ "
Wishing everyone a productive AND fulfilling day!
#wednesdaymotivation #wednesdaywisdom #getstarted
BTW, Chia and flax seeds are also good edible sources of plant omega-3s and sardines, herring and mackerel are additional good edible fish sources.
Finally, make sure the salmon has the skin on and that you eat it, since most of the good omega-3 fat is in and under that skin.
By Dr. Nina Cherie Franklin - Nutrition.Answers.com Expert
#Omega3 fatty acids are essential fatty acids that have to be obtained through the diet because they are not produced by the body. These fats are classified as "healthy" or "good" fats, as they can lower the risk of numerous chronic diseases when consumed regularly. In fact, omega-3-fatty acids have been shown to play a substantial role in both the prevention and treatment of obesity, #heartdisease, depression, inflammatory diseases, and cancer. To up your intake of omega-3 fatty acids, here are five foods that should be included in your diet.
For a quick and convenient source of omega-3 fatty acids eat a serving of walnuts as a healthy snack or add them to your cereals, salads, or smoothies. In comparison to other types of nuts, walnuts are especially unique in that they also contain monounsaturated fat, which is another type of #healthyfat that has been shown to protect against chronic disease. In addition to its rich concentration of healthy fats, walnuts contain very high levels of dietary fiber, protein, and key micronutrients like vitamin B6, iron, and magnesium.
Soybeans (or edamame) are an exceptionally nutritious source of omega-3 fatty acids. In addition to these healthy fats, soybeans contain countless other macronutrients, micronutrients, and phytonutrients that collectively boost immunity, ward off disease, and improve the overall functioning of the body. Among the many nutrients present in soybeans are high-quality protein, B-complex vitamins, vitamin K, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus. They also contain numerous phytonutrients like isoflavones, which exert powerful cancer-fighting effects.
3. Wild Salmon
Salmon is one of the most versatile fish around and it just happens to be a powerful food source of omega-3 fatty acids. By incorporating steamed, baked, grilled, pan-fried, or roasted salmon into your diet, you can also get a substantial dose of… Read the rest here - http://goo.gl/CSDRES
#nutrition #wellness #healthyeating #health
My analysis (as it occurred):
This is a pretty good thought and saying. The first part relies on the fact that not everyone knows of your existence (I term this being "connected" to you). The second that while you also do not know of the existence of everyone, they are important to you for two reasons: 1) they might become known to you and 2) they are all indirectly contributing to you by being connected to those who are already connected to you.
OTOH after this analysis, I also see an inconsistency to the first part which then effectively negates any wisdom to the whole statement. Because the reverse of 1) and 2) are true for everyone else, you ought to be of importance to everyone else, rationally, even if you are not.
Sorry to torpedo your good attempt at a wise saying :)
There are some historic wise short sayings, but they are few and far between. Most wisdom takes more than a very few words to convey.
I am surprised that no one has pointed out the distributive nature of kindness and other types of good deeds to others. This is the ultimate personal benefit of such acts. The value given by A to B will make B more inclined to give similar value to C and D and who will then be more inclined to give similar value to others, and so on, with some value likely eventually coming back to A who began the whole round.
IOW, acts of kindness are a meme that is transmitted and even enlarged in transmission throughout society persuading everyone to act sufficiently similarly that in the future when you are in need of such kindness it will be more likely to be forthcoming.
IOW, being kind is a type of investment in society with its profits to be received in the future when needed.
- Live120PlusManaging Partner, 2012 - presentHuman health and longevity scientific literature research, organization and reporting in actionable regimen formats
- Self-Sovereign Individual ProjectCreator & Chief Theoretician SelfSIP.org, 2003 - 2014Discovering the principles for a fully practical self-ordered stateless society and the methods by which this can operate to enable the highest possible lifetime happiness for all members of the society
- MoreLife.orgtheory & practice of life enhancement in quality & quantity, 1998 - 2012This project has been superceded by the Live120Plus project
- Univ of TorontoAssistant Professor of Math, 1964 - 1970Taught undergraduate math, put calculus lectures on closed curcuit TV and managed problems labs
- Control Data CorporationSoftware/Hardware Analyst/Instructor, 1973 - 1980designed operating system trace program Developed and taught internationally Cyber Hardware for Analysts course
- Computer Optimization ServicesOwner/Consultant, 1983 - 1990Developed and taught in Canada and US a course on PC hardware for the technically oriented Ran a full service computer business which acted as their computer department to several small and medium sized businesses
- CryoSpanOwner/operator, 1993 - 1999Designed and built concrete silos to prevent earthquake damate to dewars holding cryonics patients Analyzed and engineering reduced liquid nitrogen boil-off dewars
- Life Extension FoundationForums Creator/modertor, 1997 - 2002Designed the LEF forums organization of topic categories and moderated the forum with highly knowledgeable comments for 5 years
- RCAFOfficer Cadet; Math Instructor, 1955 - 1964Went to University under ROTP (Regular Officer Training Plan) with necessity to serve 3 years after graduation, which I did as Flying Officer and Flight Lieutenant at College Militaire de St Jean in Quebec
520-464-5508 Arizona, 705-243-2376 Ontario
14782 W Belmont Dr Casa Grande AZ 85194 USA
2375 Sumcot Dr Harcourt Park Harcourt ON Canada **no mail delivery**
PO Box 170 Wilberforce ON K0L 3C0 Canada
prefer email always
Everything about my life and ideas does not fit the standard categories, for example wrt "Relationship" below, I chose "its complicated" because:
While I am legally married, the purpose of that is only to enable certain government benefits, since I am legally a Canadian citizen/resident and my wife Kitty Antonik is legally a US citizen/resident. Relationship-wise we are best friends of each other, far closer to each other than to anyone else in all our thinking, actions and concerns. Nevertheless each of us also seeks to find as many other people as possible with whom s/he wants to be so close and intimate, because s/he evaluates them as being that worthy.
- Self StudyCryonics & cryobiology, 1986 - present
- Self StudyPhilosophy & psychology, 1961 - present
- Self StudyHuman nutrition, biochemistry, physiology, life extension, 1980 - present
- UofToronto, BAScEngineering Physics, 1955 - 1959
- Nathaniel Branden InstituteObjectivist Philosophy, 1962 - 1964
- New York University, Courant Institue of Math SciMathematical Physics, 1960 - 1962
- McMaster UniversityMathematical Logic, 1968 - 1972
- Control Data InstituteComputer Hardware/software, 1973 - 1974
- UofTorontoMA, Mathematical Physics, 1959 - 1960
Dietary amelioration of locomotor, neurotransmitter and mitochondrial ag...
Olafur Pall Olafsson, 2/21/12 7:36 PM, Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2010 Jan;235(1):66-76. Dietary amelioration of locomotor, neurotransmitter an
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
Focus on Freedom: Social Networks - Freedom Enhancers or Internet Ghettos?
Examination of and answers to questions regarding political voting and the replacement of the current/government system; part of the Self-So
Robert McDowell: The U.N. Threat to Internet Freedom
In The Wall Street Journal, Federal Communications Commissioner Robert M. McDowell writes that top-down, international regulation is antithe
The Rise Of Crony Capitalism And Angry Young Men - Forbes
The headlines still focus on Greece. It is broke. Here is Lucas Papademos, describing what an orderly default would mean.