- Participant MediaFeatures Editor, 2013 - present
- The New York Times CompanyContributing Writer, 2013 - present
- self-employedfreelance writer, 1992 - 2013
- Plenty magazineweb editor, 2008 - 2008
- Men's Journalarticles editor, 2007 - 2008
- Radar magazinearticles editor, 2007 - 2007
- Seed magazinesenior editor, 2005 - 2006
- KCRW-Santa Monicaproducer, 2004 - 2004
- Might magazinesenior editor, 1993 - 1997
- American Public Mediaweb producer, 2010 - 2011
- UC-BerkeleyHistory, 1988 - 1991
Progressives: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is and Stop Buying Gasoline
There's hardly a cause that a self-respecting leftist won't sign on to. Yet every day, we pour millions of dollars into the pockets
Visions of a Car-Free Los Angeles: Lessons from Carmageddon
Carma-no-geddon presented Los Angeles with a stunning vision of what it could be (and once was, I'm told).
What's the Real Relationship Between Taxes and Jobs?
What's the effect of tax cuts for the rich on job creation? The Congressional Budget Office says little to none.
States Wrestle With Their Own Budget Showdowns : NPR
Minnesota's state government shut down in late June when Republican lawmakers and Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton failed to reach a budget a