- Mattress FirmFleet Manager, 2015 - 2015 Managed vehicle compliance including IFTA/IRP, Licenses, tags / titles, CSA, DOT, and Toll accounts. Led quality procurement of all leased vehicles, building specifications of vehicles, negotiating price, and signed for and arranged for delivery of assets; drove increase utilization of private fleet assets >95%. Streamlined background, MVR, and drug screen processes and scoring of contractors to ensure successful driver teams; managed log books, DQ files, DOT health cards, and annual MVR pulls. Strategically moved vehicle assets around the country utilizing non-used equipment in relevant locations. Negotiated new Chevron fuel account for a nationwide fleet of trucks with a 6% bulk rebate system, as well as new maintenance account to service company owned trucks in the Mid-West and Southern regions.
- Sleep AmericaDC Manager, 2010 - 2015 Developed and trained 5 members of the management team and 25 associates to meet organizational goals. Delivered talent acquisitions functions including interviewing and recommending new hires; performed HR functions including training of new hires, tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and supporting award programs. Wrote and approved APRs and development plans; supported senior management through business analysis, delivery of documentation, and reporting attainment of goals. Provided annual budget and established, monitored, reported, and authorized expenditures as designated.
- Vangent IncTeam Leader, 2009 - 2010 Provided leadership to a team of 20 production team members in support of the Census Paper Data Capture Center.
- Big O TiresSafety and DOT Compliance, 2001 - 2009 Supervised 7 Lead Drivers and 50+ Drivers by performing periodic “ride along” and customer site inspections to ensure that they performed their functions in a safe and productive manner. Managed OSHA regulatory provisions and conducted DOT regulation safety training to ensure compliance in fleet and distribution centers; ensured preventative maintenance and service was performed on fleet physical assets. Purchased and coordinated Xatanet system install, resulting in saving the company $126K on hardware upgrade. Negotiated bids from 40+ couriers and common carriers and coordinated routing.
- Contracted Driver ServicesGeneral Manager, 2015 - 2016
Driven and pragmatic Operations Manager offering experience in transportation management, inventory control, staff development, and streamlining processes to support business initiatives and increase the bottom-line. Tenacious leader with strong ability to utilize organizational and analytical skills to predict and solve problems that maximize results.