My Glass is infinitely rebooting after updating from XE16 to XE16.1! :(
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 31 previous comments
- Hi everyone, we know this is a frustrating situation, but our team has made this issue a priority and we hope to find a fix as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding and we're here if you have any questions.Apr 23, 2014
- I have removed all apps, did a Glass reset AND factory reset. Even played with button combinations during reboot. Tried connecting to the laptop and get into drive mode.
Bottom line is the device doesn't get a chance to connect to anything before the device reboots.
When I called in yesterday, I asked if there was a way to do a full reset of Glass (which seems to be the only way around). Hugo responded "Not unless you take Glass apart".
Since a lot of us use Glass for production purposes, I think getting RMAs out ASAP is the best solution. Especially now people are noticing the eternal boot is heating up Glass so much it starts to bubble up the blocking film at the end of the optic...Apr 23, 2014
- Leaving it on all night was a ridiculous suggestion that I can't believe anyone did.Apr 23, 2014
- Hi all, thanks for being patient with us while our team did some more digging on this issue. We have some info to share—check it out here: https://www.glass-community.com/t5/Everything-Else/Issues-with-the-latest-Glass-update-XE-16-1/m-p/111034#U111034Apr 23, 2014
- Awesome! I got an email fromstating since I cannot get past the reboot, they will be sending another pair ASAP - No RMA method (so I will get a pair, then send my broken one back).Apr 23, 2014
- I should be getting my replacement soon as well ... YAY
hate the wait
love the service '-}
*I continue to learn from, am challenged by and evolve with GLASS ... '-}*Apr 23, 2014