After having their 11th child, a Brakpan couple decided that was enough.
So the husband went to his doctor and told him that he and his wife didn't want to have any more children...
The doctor told him that there was a procedure called a vasectomy but that it was expensive. (For people staying in Brakpan, paying more than R50 for anything other than booze, car accessories or a sound system, is expensive).
A less costly alternative, said the doctor, was to go home, get a cherry bomb (fireworks are legal in Brakpan), light it, put it in a beer can, then hold the can up to your ear and count to 10! The man said: "Aag, yinne, I maait not be de cleverest oke in the wurd, but I dussin't see how putting a cherrie bom in a beer can, next to my ear, is going to help me."
"Trust me," said the doctor...
So the man went home, lit a cherry bomb, and put it in a beer can. He held the can up to his ear and began to count:
"Wun, twooo, freee, forrr, faaaiife," at which point he paused, placed the beer can between his legs, and resumed counting on his other hand...
This procedure also works in: Vereeniging, Vanderbijlpark, Meyerton, Sasolburg, Vaalpark, Springs, Bronkhorstspruit, Primrose, Orkney, Randfontein, Brits, Boksburg, and Germiston.
You may be aware that over the past few days, Woolworths has been accused of racist recruitment practices – specifically, of not employing white people.
We want to reassure you that this is SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
The rumours apparently were sparked by some of our recruitment ads that designate certain posts for certain groups, and are being fuelled by an organisation that has called on its members to boycott us.
As a Woolworths customer, we thought you’d like to hear the facts:
• Woolworths DOES employ white people. We employ women and men of all races – white, black, coloured, Indian, as well as people with disabilities, and will continue to do so.
• We’re a passionately South African company, so diversity is important to us. So is offering fair career opportunities. There are some areas of our business where certain groups are seriously under represented. These are the positions where we actively look for qualified candidates from specific groups.
• Most other businesses do the same to bring diversity into their workforces. In fact, in South Africa all businesses that have more than 50 employees are required to do this.
• We believe the responsible thing to do is to be open and transparent in our recruitment ads about the type of candidates we are looking for. Integrity is one of the values we hold dear.
As a born-and-bred South African company, we care deeply about the long-term sustainability of our country. With your help we’ve made significant contributions, through programmes like MySchool, to socio-economic development. We’ll continue supporting transformation and socio-economic development because they’re essential for our country’s (and our company’s) future.
We hope that we’ve answered any questions that you might have had about what’s been posted on social media and reported in the media.
Thank you for your continued support.
- Outsource HouseOwner, present
- Hillcrest High School1990 - 1994
- Hillcrest Primary School1984 - 1989
Social Media News and Web Tips – Mashable – The Social Media Guide
Social Media news blog covering cool new websites and social networks: Facebook, Google, Twitter, MySpace and YouTube. The latest web techno
It seems like Apple took a leaf from Porsche in it’s latest design of th...
Come on Apple, give us the iPhone 5 that we wanted and not the iPhone 4s.
Windows 8 - How to do things, Shut Down, Control Panel, Startup Folder
How to do things in Windows 8 that were simple in Windows 7.
Google Real Time Analytics is very cool | Outsource House
Google Real Time Analytics, allows you to watch what is happening right now on your website. Check how to get it here.
Afrihost vs GamCo vs Mweb vs OpenWeb - Uncapped ADSL South Africa - UPDA...
Updates at the bottom of the article. Our SME clients often ask us for a recommendation for an uncapped ADSL provider in South Africa. Ordin
Increase the buffer in Winamp to allow the streaming of Mp3s to your com...
The easy way to change the buffer of Winamp for Streaming
Music Lessons | Music Lessons in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Centurion, Gaut...
Owner of Key Players Music – Magda Gunter – has been teaching music for more than 15 years. After relocating to Johannesburg, she started up