I don't travel enough to get in here for free, but if I find that I'm at the airport early again, I may consider paying to get in.
If you can get into your airline club room, let me know your experience.
From the article's disclosure, Lumber Liquidators is a sponsor. If they weren't a sponsor, would NPR publish this piece?
60 Minutes does a lot of reporting, yet this piece pops up for Lumber Liquidator's side of the story.
At least there was disclosure - I would have never known oherwise, but I still would have wondered why the 60 Minutes episode had any interest for NPR
The 60 Minutes article (no one claimed they were produced by anyone but CBS) caused their stock price to tank. Lumber Liquidators says the testing procedure was inaccurate, and the whole thing was orchestrated by short sellers on Wall Street.
The point was, would this be news on NPR at all, if Lumber Liquidators wasn't a sponsor? The cronyism is rampant on both sides of this issue. Between Lumber Liquidators essentially buying defense from NPR, the short sellers buying a hit piece from CBS, and the trial lawyers benefiting from everything, there isn't a single facet of this issue that isn't dripping with crony capitalism.
If you don't want cheap Chinese particleboard flooring, don't buy it. Save up a bit more before you do your renovations and get higher-quality merchandise, if you're worried about it. If they lose enough business, Lumber Liquidators will change their policies to get customers back. That's called the free market. But speculators and cronies have complicated this entire issue to the point where the market can't do its job.
- American Football - no other sports can compare
- Oakland Raiders - Just Win Baby!
- Funny things
- Politics: Moderate - my liberal friends think I'm conservative and my conservative friends think I'm liberal
- Movies - my growing list of favorite movies: goo.gl/UCdT4. If you have similar tastes and a have a recommendation, please add it to the following doc: goo.gl/g4czX
- Religion: None. I support your belief, but Do Not pass judgement on other religions. They all sound valid, people are interpreting words that were intepreted by others, and the actions should be judged, not the individual or the religion - stop the hate.
- Favorite author: Haruki Murakami
- University of California State, HaywardComputer Information Systems and Telecommunications
Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson, March 01, 2015 Via @GoComics
One of the many great comics you can read for free at GoComics.com! Follow us for giveaways & giggles.
Afro-Rican's Give It All You Got (Doggy Style) sample of James Brown's N...
"Give It All You Got (Doggy Style)" by Afro-Rican sampled James Brown's "Night Train". Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate data
Rappin' 4-Tay's Playaz Club sample of Judy Clay and William Bell's Priva...
"Playaz Club" by Rappin' 4-Tay sampled Judy Clay and William Bell's "Private Number". Listen to both songs on WhoSampled, the ultimate datab
Kawakami: Is Coliseum City idea Oakland's final shot to keep Raiders?
Raiders' owner Mark Davis is optimistic that Oakland has a fighting chance to complete such an ambitious project
Oakland Raiders Terrelle Pryor Eligible Receiver II Tee
Let Terrelle Pryor know you're a die-hard fan when you sport Oakland Raiders Terrelle Pryor Eligible Receiver II Tee! This tee features Pryo