I'm dragging myself through Dark Matter right now. As of the 5th episode I have some observations.
1. Knock off River Tam is 10x as annoying as the original River Tam. This could be due in part to the terrible scripting and/or the terrible acting.
2. I think the original Star Trek had a bigger budget than this show. Hell, I think there are You Tube videos with bigger budgets.
3. Knock off Seven of Nine is not Seven of Nine.
4. Mandatory asshole guy isn't coming off like a cool curmudgeon like Wolverine or Dr. House--he's just a dick.
5. I don't want to see neutered former bad asses; I want to see bad asses.
missed an opportunity here by not putting Dark Matter and [the far superior] Killjoys in the same universe.
7. The writing is awful and horribly cliched.
CC: +Craig Engler