Intel's Xeon D brings Broadwell to cloud, web services - The Tech Report...
Although Intel's Xeon processors currently have an overwhelmingly dominant share of the market in servers and data-center applications, they
How to avoid browser warnings when using the vCenter Web Client with a s...
If you have a recent VMware vSphere installation with a vCenter server in production or in a lab then you will be aware of that the Web Clie
What is the Malicious Software Removal Tool and Do I Need It?
Once a month, a new version of the Malicious Software Removal tool appears in Windows Update. This tool removes some malware from Windows sy
How To Disable Forced Restarts After A Windows Update
It's happened to all Windows users. You're using your computer and Windows decides you need to reboot, hassling you with pop-ups that contin
Feature Request - Email Report on Success or Fail | view topic
Veeam Community discussion: Pretty simple.Allow configuration of an SMTP server to send email on either success and or fail
[NEW BUILD] Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE RC | view topic
Veeam Community discussion: When should expect the final build for patch #2 to be released?
Trying To Apply Update, Getting Fatal Error C0190003
Hello Cindyean. Restart the system into Safe Mode with Networking. Restart the pc and tap re-tap F8 function-key so you can get to Avanced B
Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help
Learn how to create installation media for installing or reinstalling Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.
New locations added to Pingdom Tools | Pingdom Royal
We're happy to announce that we've added three new locations to our Full Page Test on our Pingdom Tools; San Jose (USA), Stockholm (Sweden),
VMware VCP6-DCV Beta Availability | Emad Younis Blog
VCP6-DCV is now ready to be taken, well sort of. The exam is in beta and requires authorization. The other thing that I noticed is there is
HTTP Strict Transport Security & 307 Redirects, Google Doesn't S...
The other day, Jack Stonehouse asked me on Twitter why I was using a 307 redirect from the HTTP to HTTPS version of this site. The answer wa
and theAverageGuy.tv Amazon affiliate link that I used:
They've also sped things up apparently, using Akamai Content Delivery Network, automatically.
For me, I tried running it on a 85% full 1TB SSD and 85% full 1TB spinny drive equipped laptop, and it took nearly 2 days to complete, while making foreground tasks pretty slow. Here's the log times/results:
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool v5.22, March 2015 (build 5.22.11203.0)
Started On Mon Apr 13 11:49:24 2015
No infection found.
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Finished On Wed Apr 15 09:23:36 2015
If you have a NAS or Windows server (or even Linux) server, I'd think you'd be interested in a free way to do fast, full backups of Windows, along with bare metal restores.
Curious what others think?
(guest impressed by how prepared he is)
Nice mention by Richard, just 2 minutes in, about this article:
Also note, for those interested in INSTEON Hub Pro, see also the new information just received about pre-orders yesterday, appended to:
- Tufts UniversityB.S. in Psychology & Philosophy, 1986
- IBM, Founder TinkerTry.com, LLCXIV and FlashSystem Storage Technical Advisor, 2009 - presentIT Professional. Author, videographer, consultant.
- IBMIBM Lab Services Consultant, BladeCenter & System x Deployment Automation, 2005 - 2009
- IBMWorld Wide Technical Team Lead, IBM ServerProven Program, 1999 - 2005
- IBMSolution Partnership Center / IBM Innovation Center - Waltham, 1997 - 1999
- MindShare AssociatesCorporate Trainer for IBM, 1994 - 1997
- Cornell Information TechnologiesHelp Desk, Early Web Development, 1993 - 1994
- Cornell UniversityTeaching Assistant, Research Assistant in Visual Perception Studies, 1989 - 1992http://academic.research.microsoft.com/Author/1858523/paul-a-braren
- Cornell UniversityGrad Student/PhD Candidate (incomplete), 1989 - 1992
- Temp AgenciesData Entry / IT Operations, 1985 - 1989