It Doesn’t Matter What You Think: Setting up the Linksys EA6900
I never did get around to documenting the initial setup I went through, where I also avoided all the cloud stuff. I've now appended links to your article, onto my two related articles:
and yes, it would appear avoiding firmware auto-updates was also the correct hunch!
Your build is also featured in my related article:
Also, my Lantronix Spider it arrived tonight:
gambled by going with a used one from eBay, will see how it goes!
- seeing what somebody is dreaming
- quadriplegics controlling exoskeletons directly from their brain
Check it out!
- Tufts UniversityB.S. in Psychology & Philosophy, 1986
- IBMXIV Storage Technical Advisor, 2009 - present
- TinkerTry.com, LLCFounder, Blogger, 2011 - present
- IBMIBM Lab Services Consultant, BladeCenter & System x Deployment Automation, 2005 - 2009
- IBMWorld Wide Technical Team Lead, IBM ServerProven Program, 1999 - 2005
- IBMSolution Partnership Center / IBM Innovation Center - Waltham, 1997 - 1999
- MindShare AssociatesCorporate Trainer for IBM, 1994 - 1997
- Cornell Information TechnologiesHelp Desk, Early Web Development, 1993 - 1994
- Cornell UniversityTeaching Assistant, Research Assistant, Visual Perception, 1989 - 1992
- Cornell UniversityGrad Student/PhD Candidate (incomplete), 1989 - 1992
- Temp AgenciesData Entry / IT Operations, 1985 - 1989
Bruce Schneier ─ Internet, Security, and Power | Watson Institute for In...
The Watson Institute for International Studies at Brown University supports multidisciplinary research, teaching, and public education on in
It Doesn’t Matter What You Think: Setting up the Linksys EA6900 | Virtua...
Trust me, by the time we get done you'll understand the title… Based on the work that Chris Wahl did documenting his upgrade to 5GHz in his
The Heartbleed Hit List: The Passwords You Need to Change Right Now
A look at which companies have issued a security patch to fix the Heartbleed bug.
SSD Terminology - Flash, NAND, MLC, SLC, TLC - Oh my! | vmkdaily
SSD's (Solid State Drives) have been all the rage for the last few years with virtually all storage vendors. A lot of acronyms and buzzwords
Cannot take ownership of two machines after pow... | VMware Communities
Greetings... Recently I experienced a power failure at my office when I was running two different virtual machines. Upon restarting, I am un
Take a trip across a miniaturized world with six GoPro cameras
Photographers have always had fun playing with super wide-angle lenses, but German videographer Jonas Ginter has found a way to conquer the
Setup WordPress CDN with Dediserve (or any other OnApp-powered) CDN
A simple and straightforward guide on how to setup Wordpress CDN using the W3 Total Cache and any OnApp-powered CDN (eg. Dediserve)
IBM updates all-flash storage array to complement X6 servers | PCWorld
The FlashSystem 840, building on last year's 820, will fit a petabyte of storage in a rack with low latency
Put Pingdom's public status pages under your own custom domain
Pingdom’s new public reports (a.k.a. status pages) now support custom domains. Normally your public report pages show up under the stats.pin
Understanding VMware VAAI Offloads And Unloads - Network Computing
In the short time that VAAI has allowed storage administrators to offload tasks from servers to storage arrays in virtualized data centers,
INSTEON Announces Connectivity to Nest Learning Thermostat
INSTEON Announces Connectivity to Nest Learning Thermostat. Connecting INSTEON's Premier Smartphone-Controlled Network to Nest Learning Ther
How an Under-Appreciated iOS 7 Feature Will Change the World | Cult of Mac
A curious download hit Apple’s app store this week: a messaging app called FireChat. It’s a new kind of app because it uses an iOS feature u