Profile

Cover photo
Paul Ark
Works at Microsoft
Attended University of California, Berkeley
Lives in Shanghai, China
354 followers|15,113 views
AboutPostsPhotosYouTube

Stream

Paul Ark

Shared publicly  - 
 
Long read, but great synopsis
Today, the tech industry is apparently on track to destroy one of the world's most valuable cultural treasures, San Francisco, by pushing out the diverse..
1
Add a comment...

Paul Ark

Shared publicly  - 
 
"Only 5% of the little pods...are currently recyclable. The other 95% are made of a non-recyclable composite plastic. The company is well aware of its shortcomings, and has vowed to make all of its pods recyclable by 2020."

Samsung/Apple/Nokia etc. can iterate their smartphones at least six times in the six years that coffee pod manufacturers expect to make K-Cups recyclable. Talk about technology underachievers!
Coffee pods are really popular right now. Sales of single-serve coffee—the kind first popularized in the US by Keurig, and widely known as K-cups—have more than tripled since 2011, MarketWatch reported in November. As of a year ago, 13% of Americans drank a coffee made in a single-cup brewer each day, according to a survey by...
2
Add a comment...
In his circles
454 people
Have him in circles
354 people
Noureddine Sahibi's profile photo
Gat Sirivong's profile photo
Pratana Areepitak's profile photo
Diyosa Carter's profile photo
Menaka De Silva's profile photo
Dale Lotts's profile photo
Joe Wana's profile photo

Paul Ark

Shared publicly  - 
 
Wunderbar!
 ·  Translate
1
Add a comment...

Paul Ark

Shared publicly  - 
 
Even if Ms. Allen DIDN'T have cancer, there is no excuse for such reprehensible behavior on the part of SELF magazine. In an age where America is fighting an epidemic of obesity, physical activity and running a marathon should be celebrated, not mocked.
1
Add a comment...

Paul Ark

Shared publicly  - 
 
"Somewhere in Norway there is a metalhead in corpse paint standing in a forest crying tears of blood.” That said, "this may be the best metal song ever written about how awesome it is to eat chocolate."
1
Add a comment...
People
In his circles
454 people
Have him in circles
354 people
Noureddine Sahibi's profile photo
Gat Sirivong's profile photo
Pratana Areepitak's profile photo
Diyosa Carter's profile photo
Menaka De Silva's profile photo
Dale Lotts's profile photo
Joe Wana's profile photo
Work
Occupation
I open retail stores and invest in early-stage start-ups
Employment
  • Microsoft
    Retail Real Estate, 2013 - present
    I open Microsoft retail stores in Asia
  • AngelVest
    Accredited Angel Investor, 2013 - present
    I invest in start-ups
  • Apple Inc.
    Retail Real Estate & Development - Asia, 2008 - 2012
    I open Apple retail stores in Asia
Places
Map of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has lived
Currently
Shanghai, China
Previously
Beijing, China - Hong Kong - Bangkok, Thailand - Singapore - Tustin, CA - Huntington Beach, CA - Los Angeles, CA - Berkeley, CA - Cupertino, CA - Evanston, IL - Jersey City, NJ - Hackettstown, NJ - New York, NY - London, England
Links
YouTube
Contributor to
Story
Tagline
Magically delicious
Education
  • University of California, Berkeley
    BS, Business Administration, 1988 - 1992
  • Northwestern University
    MBA, 1997 - 1999
Basic Information
Gender
Male