Just wondering when one of these flying cars inventors will give crowdfunding a try.
11 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 5 previous comments
- When I watched the video of the Transition driving into a gas station, I thought "no way would I ever refill my car/plane like that" where anyone could bump into me and cause significant damage, and like you say, increase the risk to life. Well said.
And yet.... despite all the negatives and "practical problems" you always hope that somehow these will be overcome with scientific advances. Maybe nanotech will provide materials that are finally light-weight and strong enough. Maybe hidden structural damage can be detected by internet-of-things-sensors that communicate. Maybe after Google perfects self-driving cars, they'll turn to self-driving car planes, and reduce the safety risks even further. Who knows what the future will hold? At least we know there will always be dreamers trying to figure this stuff out.Apr 23, 2012
- Whats the idea behind flying cars? Avoid trafic congestions? Be free? Flying cars are hellicopters (or planes) and because of that you will have to obtain a card to drive. I believe flying cars will not solve any transportation problem, will just create the need of new legislation and new places for trafic jams.Apr 23, 2012
- -- a major driver is the ability to go point-to-point rather than follow congested roads, and since air is three-dimensional it sure does reduce the congestion... right up until you get to the airport and have a traffic jam there, when running out of gas waiting to land is a potentially life-threatening experience.Apr 23, 2012
- teleportation!Apr 23, 2012
- I thought the Mollar Flying car was going to make it in the late 90 :(Apr 23, 2012
- Nah, the Moller thing has been a scam for ~30 years running. . .Apr 24, 2012